Lucid Virtu MVP

Discussion in 'Videocards - Intel ARC & ARC Driver section' started by Chillin, Feb 10, 2013.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've removed VirtuMVP from my system. I tried setting up I-mode again lastnight with no luck. Doesn't matter what order I install drivers in or what settings I use, I-mode refuses to work.

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I quit using virtu for while now It just doesn't work like it should in windows 8, it worked better in windows 7. But still it wasn't perfect, This was before I went SLI of course. Installing the IGPU drivers on always gave me issues as soon i went to stop using virtu, or when ever i did a DGPU driver update. Either Virtu or the intel driver would cause my system to hard lock every time I tried. Which didn't happen when I was not using both Virtu and the IGPU.

It annoyed a friend of mine who was using Virtu which liked it for VVS at first, til now that don't even work for him in games without crashing. But I think Virtu is just not stable in windows 8 or they still need to work on it for windows 8.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I tried Virtu in both Win7 and Win8....and can't get I-mode to work in either....

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Hmmm never even bothered with I-mode, but D-mode works great on Windows 8 for me.

Only using VVS but works great in every game I tried it in.

5. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Does Anyone know if the quantity of RAM i give to the Onboard GPU matters?
    I ask, because, I need as much RAM for some stuff and 8 is tight for what I do and I can't afford to buy more.
    So, If I set it to say 512 or less, will it be OK?

Thanks.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I was quite impressed that VVS works so well....but my interest in VirtuMVP was for I-mode, where it generally fails more often than not.

The amount of memory should only make a difference in I-mode. In d-mode, the memory on the dedicated card is what's being used. In d-mode, the iGPU is used to control frame output such as for HyperFormance, it's used to detect frames that won't be displayed and remove them from queue. Unfortunately, this doesn't work in most games.

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Great explanation.
    Thank you :D

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Decided to give this a test.
    Picked the Far Cry 2 bench at random. Maybe it's just luck, but it really helps. At least in this game.
    [​IMG]
    Will have to give more games a try.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Cyberdyne, the framerate report is false. VirtuMVP works by removing frames from queue that won't be displayed. The frames are still counted, even though they're never actually rendered, which artificially inflates FPS. This is why 3DMark scores achieved using VirtuMVP are considered invalid.

10. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I would like to try it again and test this vsync but my trial is over...

Is there a Asus version of it, I know MSI has it for free but its bound to mobo bios?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013

11. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Yeah, I'm not benching it to say it's faster, but it's definitely working. It was a lot smoother. Take a look at the graph. Way less jumpy, it shows.

I'm not sure Tj, I just installed it, went to activate with the button, and the key was already there. So I'm guessing that's the case, as there is also some virtu mvp options in my BIOS.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    So virtual sync works only if you have Hyper Performance enabled? Because it doesn't appear to be working with hyper perf. off.

AVP2010 benchmark;

no virtu
    Number of frames: 8058
    Average Frame Time: 13.0ms
    Average FPS: 76.8

virtu vsync+hyper boost

Number of frames: 11815
    Average Frame Time: 8.9ms
    Average FPS: 112.6

^
    It looked ok without tearing, but there was some jittering going on.. So I thought maybe try without hyper perf., but it doesnt work?

13. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    In my application it says it does work, but you need to turn the ingame vsync for it to work.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    yeah i noticed that too later :O

Although it didnt work in avp2010 bench, weird.. I removed it again, that occasional out of sync jitter/slomo looked annoying.

15. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    VVS works fine without Hyperformance.

U need it enabled in the Virtu app... obviously... and ingame vsync on.

Hyperformance has never done anything useful for me ever. Just artificially boosts fps and introduces wierd sturrering.

Edit:

Oh long time since an update btw isn't it.
    Have Lucid abandoned the new 2.0 verison already.
    Just glad it came free with my mobo and I didnt buy it.

16. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Well, I guess my conclusion is much less angry then most I can fine online, but I guess that may be because I didn't pay $60 for it.
    It's fun to play with, but considering how long this thing has been out, it's way too inconsistent with it's game support.

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Wow, that's a big fps boost, i gotta get this software too, my board is certified.

18. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I ended up uninstalling it too.
    Even in the games it worked in, there was always graphical corruption. Far Cry 2's maps would go black and people would turn pink. Metro LL would had messed up lighting and peoples textures would be replaced by ground textures (which was pretty trippy with tessellation on). The virtual vsync option caused stuttering in every game, and it also hurt performance even with hyperformance and ingame vsync off, which makes no sense.

It's cool, but still needs a lot of work. And as I understand it, this thing has been out for a long time now. I don't have much hope. What a shame.

19. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Virtual Vsync doesnt work in Metro Last Light, the program is really in need of an update.

Virtual Vsync works for me in all games which have an in built profile, but a few that dont (Metro LL and Bioshock Infinite) it is stuttery so useless.

It does cost a few fps, but the no tearing + smoothness + responsiveness it brings when ot does work is excellent.

Hyperformance on the other hand is junk altogether. Fps up yes, but smoothness down and many visual bugs.

20. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    New version 3.0.108 Beta out.

Added support for Win 8.1
    Fixed Lucid svc crash
    General bug fix and stability fixes.

No new games in supported list it seems still.

Not yet tested so cant comment