Low Performance after Windows 11 2022 Update? Here is a solve

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 25, 2022.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    So I dont want to use nor do I want to install another piece of bloatware or spyware from yet another "launcher" if I play for example Cyberpunk, I have Nvidia, Steam and the developers popup shite to deal with before the game even starts what garbage.

Order_66 likes this.
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Lucky I don't install that needless bloatware garbage in the first place.

4. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    While I don't ever install GeForce experience, I had bad performance (horrible suttering in all games with framerdrops below 30 FPS where my PC easily held 60+ before) after the upgrade to 22H2, however it ran fine originally with 516.94 drivers and only manifested after installing GeForce Studio drivers 517.40 (without GeForce Experience, used DDU in safe mode first). Uninstalling 517.40 with DDU in safe mode and reinstalling 516.94 drivers (without GeForce Experience) fixed it for me. I'm not sure if those are related issues, though, or if the 517.40 driver is just buggy for my hardware combination.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I cleaned drivers with DDU, installed Insider driver 530.04 without experience.

Then I just manually installed 22H2, which didn't overwrite the 530.04 driver. Then I did the usual cleaning out of Windows because during every single big Windows update it likes the reset all your tweaks and privacy settings and installs some bloatware from the store.

I just ran Chris Titus's tweak tool to clean out services, uninstalled programs which got installed with Revo Uninstaller which also scans for left over files on your drive and in registry. 22H2 installed some crappy games, and a video editing tool.

After this I ran Disk Cleanup, and a manual SSD TRIMM. Then scanned for Windows updates and restarted.

No issues at all.

6. gQx

gQx Active Member

GPU:
    2060/6144
    doesn't using revo uninstaller or any other cleaner to fix registry mess up your pc?

7. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Good thing I never install Geforce Experience.

Netherwind, chispy, Undying and 2 others like this.
  8. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    I actually don't consider GF Experience bloatware, it's an optional install. It has helped numerous novice users get accustomed to the effects that different settings can have on the gaming experience within certain games. Shadowplay was and is a nice aid to people who like capturing gameplay footage but maybe are not aware of the superior alternatives.

I don't install the software as I'm an experienced user and have no need to record gameplay so I did not experience this bug on 22H2, gaming performance so far on this OS has been very smooth and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Glad that people can now fix this issue and that it was a very prompt response from Nvidia.

Deleted member 282649 likes this.
  9. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    You can also use the workstation driver, there is no GFE in those driver.

anticupidon likes this.
  10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I only use revo to uninstall programs, after the uninstaller completes revo gives you a scan option which scans for left over files and reg entries for that program/application ONLY. Its scanner is extremely good and won't outright delete important stuff. You can even browse the scanned files after its finished before you hit the delete button.

I have been using revo for years now (at least 5-8 years) and never had a single issue with it. Its actually helped me countless times where left over files cause issues when reinstalling or updating programs.

Chris Titus even includes it in his tweaking program as a download option.

If you are talking about things like CCleaner then yes, they have not been relevant for many years now and can cause issues.

gQx likes this.

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    I always get rid of this garbage with nvslimmer, gfe Nvidia bullshit.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never installed gfe on my laptop and desktop no issues.

Airbud and Horus-Anhur like this.
  13. Marcorelle

Marcorelle Member

GPU:
    no issue here with 3 Pcs and WI11 22H2 installed (RTX 3090 , RTX 2080 et gtx 1070).
    I ve only 516.79 drivers installed on the 3 PCs and no GFE.
    No problem at all , no stuttering etc... performance is the same as before
    Perhaps the problem happens with GFE and 516.94 drivers ?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
  14. Primey0

Primey0 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7900 XT
    Then don't Nobody is forcing you to install it

15. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    Give us tomorrow's drivers, already! :mad::confused:

16. AMDMan2016

AMDMan2016 Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce 1660 Super
    I've always installed GFE with my Nvidia drivers since switching to Intel/Nvidia Setup in 2017, Prior to that was on AMD setups from 2005-2017

Would my performance in games Decrease if i get rid of GFE on next driver update on my 2 Intel Systems? (Intel 10700, 32gb of Ram, Geforce 1660 Super Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Main System) and Secondary Gaming Setup Intel I7 7700HQ, 8GB of Ram, Geforce 1050TI 4GB video card, Windows 10 Home

17. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Sorry lol bloatware.. sure ok and yeah omg.. then then they spy on us. 2022.. get over it lol they know who you are where you are where you go where you surf blah blah blah.

For the one with 3 pc's. ok. No mine was slow.. I was trying to figure out in Skyrim.. I changed to 2k and was getting 35fps using. Just DDU reinstall "516.94" and poof works great now. I am using the DEV version and got this slow down. I haha .. this is to good.. I didn't have that "bloatware" installed yet did that also. I think I'm DOOOOOMED now. Its just texted relax.. just playing.. kinda

To AMDMAN2016 no your performance will not decrease.. get a tiny bit more memory for sure. But don't take my word for it. Just uninstalled it and test. Having it or not is not like night and day.. never was

18. Dimitrios1983

Dimitrios1983 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580
    Anyone have issues with W10 updating and messing up AMD drivers? I usually don't have issues but it removed certain features again lol! I was just going to try W11 but gonna wait.I'm in the middle on deciding. Have a Ryzen 5 3600 b450 Tomahawk.

19. lotharmatheos

lotharmatheos Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA
    Never used Geforce Experience.

20. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Had some weird restarts and hangs up ever since that awful update, the geforce experience update might help but still getting those.

Guess we'll have to wait for the driver then...