Low CPU usage

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by blitz72, Apr 6, 2022.

1. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070
    Hey all. Just wondering if this is normal for my CPU usage(Ryzen 5600X)? It doesn't seem to go past 9% when I am gaming. I have seen it higher but here after I upgraded to a 3070 my usage never breaks about 9%. No matter what game I play it never breaks that %. Things seem to be great while I'm playing but after a little while my frames will drop very low and I can't get them back up without restarting the game. Am I missing something or anyone have any ideas? My GPU usage is always pegged at 100% also. I hope I explained that so you can understand. Thanks.

2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    what games
    what framerate

3. blitz72

blitz72 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XC3 Ultra 3070
    Well RD2, Dying Light 2, Cold War/WarZone, Forza 5, anything I play. FPS will be 100+ then all of a sudden they will drop to the mid teens and just run like crud till I restart the game. Strange.... My temps are good for both CPU(seems to never break 48c) and GPU(stays at a constant 65c) A lot of times the usage only gets to 4%(on the cpu)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  4. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    What do the usual tools say when this happens? Afterburner showing something fishy in the load graphs suddenly or GPU throttling? Taskmgr changing some utilisation from max to min? Some hardware monitor software showing any voltage or temp completely out of tolerance?
    All cables inside your rig carefully checked and reseated?

Something is definitely wrong ...

5. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    check for bent pins. check for temps.. check ur psu ...