Low brightness profiles

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Suicide Machine, May 11, 2009.

1. Suicide Machine

Suicide Machine New Member

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
    First of all: hello :)

2nd the situation:
    I have 4 screens on my Computer. Now if I play a rather dark game (thief, splinter cell, etc.) on my main screen the others almost blind me.

3rd my solution so far:
    I made 2 profiles in "low level desktop color schemes" for each screen. one with default values and one with reduced brightness (Brightness slider @ -125). Now I have assigned those to hotkeys which I activate with my G11 keyboard.

4th the problem that remains:
    Unfortunately the screens are still a bit too bright for my taste. So is there a way to reduce brightness even more i.e. below -125?

Any ideas are welcome and thanks in advance :)
    -SM

2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    I don't think so. I believe there are only 256 valid levels in GDI, represented as -125 to 125 in RT. Can you turn the brightness on the LCDs down, and then raise the level when not playing one of these games to compensate? This way you can make use of the full range, instead of just 0 to -125.

3. Suicide Machine

GPU:
    Thank you stangowner that's a really good idea actually.

Edit:
    Ok tried it, but unfortunately lowering brightness on the LCD and ten raising it with RT doesn't look too good. I tried raising gamma instead, which is better but I still loose too many details. Too bad :(

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  4. Cyrosis

Cyrosis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD4000
    Lower the gamma curve instead, it will most likely look better anyhow, as the darker stuff won't just be dropped off completly. I have a low gamma profile for all of my desktop use, and it works great, I just couldn't stand all of these pure white web pages anymore.

5. Suicide Machine

GPU:
    I want those profiles to reduce the "glaring" effect only so it's no problem if it drops out the darker parts. As long as I can still see my Miranda/ICQ etc. if sth happens i.e. I get a new Message. ;)

I tried gamma aswell, but glaring is reduced more with brighness. As mentioned it does work pretty good already. But if there was a better way I wouldn't mind of course :)

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -