LOTRO..still popular?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mooshan, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Out of curiosity does anyone play LOTRO still and can tell whether or not its popular with lots of people playing?

I remember playing before for a brief time and enjoying it a little and remembering the content being fairly good. How does it fair nowadays? I wanna steer away from WoW and its lack of interestin things to do lol.

Thanks

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I alternate WoW, LOTRO and WAR every few months (when I get bored). I'm on WAR atm, but I'll probably go back to LOTRO next. I think it's still fairly popular, shouldn't be a problem to find a nice busy server with loads of good people.

3. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Expansion zones are pretty much busy, but Launch Lotro zones are a bit empty. So starting a caracter can be frustrating a bit but it's not so bad. The mmo itself is pretty good and it has the best PvE I ever played.

I played during holidays break and I had a pretty good time with it. Unfortunately I decided to stop because for me, MMO + School is a bad bad idea. I spend enough time on the PS3.

4. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Cool thanks for the information. I liked the pve more in LOTRO than WoW, was much more involving into the storyline than WoW.

I may just reinstall it, even if its so much as missing out a few instances now and again.

I bought WAR and it wasnt overly apealing though that might have changed with any updates since its release, hows WAR fairing up at the moment?

5. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    I'm playing LOTRO daily and love it, Moria is confusing to navigate but a lot of fun. In my experience all of the regions are busy, though yes there is more going on in Moria as people get to the higher levels.

No idea about WAR though, LOTRO is the only MMO I've played

6. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Cool thats good to know, its making me all the more tempted to stick it back on me pc lol.

I still wonder about WAR tho, anyone know anythin?

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
  8. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    thanks eclap, forgot that thread was about lol

9. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Unfortunately, Turbine destroyed LOTRO when they released MoM.

LOTRO was one of my all time favourite PC games back when I think about it 1.5 years ago but like I said, the stuff Turbine did were disastrous and ****ed it up REAL bad.

10. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    care to elaborate?

11. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Limited and nerfed all combat stats. For example; before Mines of Moria, my Evade would of had been 22% odd, now it is 10% odd. Evade, etc now is capped to something like 15% now.
    Extreme class balance issues.
    No level 60 end-game content. One broken raid and some instances.
    Bugs that had exsisted for months and months and new bugs brought in by MoM.
    And worst of all, PvP destroyed.

12. bodean

bodean Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    LOTRO was never a PVP game, so destroying it makes no sense.
    No lvl 60 end game? Guess you've never heard of the watcher, or doing "the epic book" quests. What class balances? I think you have no clue what you are talking about. LOTRO is one of the nicest MMO's out on the market today, and still A LOT of people playing it.

Go read up on LOTRO, especially the new Book 7, then report back to us after you've done your homework...because it seems like you are clueless about the game bud.

13. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    I was thinking the same :3eyes: Haven't heard anyone complain about Moria (apart from people getting lost, lol) and there's a tonne of stuff to do. The six radiance instances, the Watcher, six solo instances (plus more with B7), the entire new epic book Q line, the Forgotten Treasury, the Eregion instances for a laugh, all sorts of stuff.

Only one person I know enjoys the Ettenmoors but he still loves it, hasn't mentioned "PVP being ruined" once :3eyes:

14. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I'm going to start LOTRO next week. :)

My activation should be working now. Problem was that I played my free trial at North America server and was trying to activate that account with Europe serial. BS.

15. Mooshan

Mooshan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor 1080
    Cool, im gonna get back into it i think :D gonna run the setup and updater while i play on my ps2 emulator considerin my broadband speed isnt too great.

Can the mines of moria be purchased online? i dont own the expansion at the moment

16. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I think so.
    https://myaccount.turbine.com/

17. Wanny

Wanny Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti GAMING 6G
    Yup, I bought it there. Then you gotta let the client download the files for MoM. I will probably start playing again this summer when school is over!

18. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    But the ironic 'fact' is; LOTRO would lose 50% of its playerbase if Turbine removed PvMP (yes, I pulled that percentage out of my ass). LOTRO is not a PvP game, true but it does it very, very well when everything is working properly.

The Watcher instance, last time I heard was a raid with almost no tactics or strategy needed and shameful compared to Helegrod and The Rift.
    Instances with almost no reward to them. Sure, they are fun the first time around but what after that? I'm no elitist and [sarcasm]LOTRO is of course not a MMO gear oriented game[/sarcasm] but rewards for doing instances and raids make them so much funner, which LOTRO lacks.
    Guardians and Minstrels ludicriously much weaker compared to every other class. Hunters OMFGWTFBQQ.

Anyways. I'm sure its all down to personal preference :rolleyes:

19. rsornbe

rsornbe Member

GPU:
    ATI Visiontek 4870 512
    I really do enjoy it...I go at my own pace..my highest char is only 24 after a couple of months. It is true that the low lvs are kinda barren...I cant seem to find anyone around tp play with, but it is a nice welcome break from 4 yrs of WOW.

20. Miller

Miller Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 660ti Signature FTW
    Huh, no reward? Is that not including stuff like the "regular" instance armour, the radiance armour and the respectable number of jewellery etc? :3eyes: What else do you want?