Lost my COD4 Key

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Ascetiq, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Ascetiq

Ascetiq New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX 512Mb
    Hey guys, I recently moved, and in the process, lost my jewel case for COD4, though I still have the CD. Then when I installed Vista on my machine, I had to reinstall COD.

However, Activision is a bunch of dicks, and refuse to help me out here. Anyone know of a legit way to get a CD key to use? Or an illegitimate one, I don't care, Activision is on my bad list right now.

2. BBN

BBN Master Guru

GPU:
    Vapor-X 7950 3 Way Xfire
    pls google , we are not allowed to link warez!

3. theman7233

theman7233 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 216 SLi
    you could probably find one but that will only allow you to access SP. punkbuster will know your key is bad not allow you to join PB servers

4. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    http://magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

try and see if that works. its not warez so i hope i dont get in trouble. ( if it is, please delet my post and sorry )

if anything see if you can fetch your key from the registry. from my understanding thats how that program wroks.

5. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    2 x Evga sc GTX 780
    According to his post, he reformatted his machine with Vista after he moved. There is probably no recovering that key. Chances are that it was written over in the format.

I would look for a sale on Cod4. Possibly at Circuit City, if you're in the states, they periodically run sales on their new and popular computer games...

6. Fri4rTuck

Fri4rTuck Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580GTX Twin Frozr II
    I would just buy another copy.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Go to a local lan, pick random guy's pc that has cod4, go to Start >> Run >> Type Regedit >> Press Enter >> HKLM >> Software >> Activision >> Call of Duty 4 >> codkey, the number/value = key.

There ya go, free legal key.

8. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    That's dirty man, you have a sick mind! you shouldnt be proud of yourself !!!

*proFits subtly takes notes of the path*

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I wouldn't do it either, if I need a legal key to play online (which I do alot) I buy the game. I'm not afraid to pirate a game here or there but most of my games are legal.

But I've seen plenty of people use this method though, however, not to get just 1 key, but multiple, to cheat their way up to eurocup on clanbase...

One of the many reasons I always put a password on my boot and windows if I go to lan and I always press "windows key + L" when I leave my pc behind for a couple of mins (or hours after the matches, then it's beer drinking time with clanmates :p).

10. Ascetiq

Ascetiq New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GTX 512Mb
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try that link!

Yeah, I pirate the occasional software, but all of my multiplayer games are legit. I just really don't want to go spend more money on something I already bought once, when every other game producer gladly would help you out in this situation (I know from previous experience). Damn Activision...

11. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i usually buy all my games threw steam. its good for occasions like this.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Hmmz at least some people dare admit that they occasionally download things. Sure people that only download their games are lame, but so are the prices these days for some games and I just dislike people that are on a holy crusade.

But if u consider something worth spending your money on, you should buy it.

13. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    This has happened to me before. Bottom line: you have no one to blame but yourself. I didn't even write my fkn key down.

14. Cliff Bleszinsk

Cliff Bleszinsk Member

GPU:
    Gears of War 2
    I sent you a PM where you can find one.

As for the rest of you saying to "buy it again." Give me a break.