looking to buy my first console

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by damien666, Dec 25, 2009.

?

which one is for me based on my requirements

1. 360 is for me

25 vote(s)
    36.2%
  2. ps3 is for me

31 vote(s)
    44.9%
  3. stick to pc and wait for the titles

13 vote(s)
    18.8%
  1. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    PS3 has resistance 1&2, and killzone 2 that are all great and exclusive, 360 doesnt have any exclusives that i can think of FPS wise atm apart form halo which i think is pretty crap, the multiplayer is good but the singleplayer is one of the worst campaigns i have ever played, altough alot of people will disagree.

You have to get used to it, i find controllers as easy to use as kb and mouse but i know lot of other dont. to be fair mate you wont go wrong with either, but ultimately its upto you.

2. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    WHAT ABOUT FUTURE PROOFING...

which is offering more addons like new controllers and are both consoles maxed out now for their game in terms of their both at their limits with gfx, also when are they expecting newer versions of both co appear

3. gurusan

gurusan Master Guru

GPU:
    5850 @ 1000MHz
    don't do it!

Unless you enjoy playing at 30fps with 10fps drops with mediocre graphics .....not to mention consoles can't even play 720p, it's upscaled to 720p.

Also you are ripped off on all the games. 35-60 quid for a game lmfao

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    I voted for the PS3.

Since a+ title games like Uncharted 1+2 , resistance 1+2 , MGS4, Killzone2, Gran Turismo5, God of war collection,god of war 3,heavy rain,Heavenly Sword,little big planet,ratchet and clank,wipeout HD, infamous are not released on the pc or Xbox360 .

If you like rpg's you should check a review of Demon's Souls. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd5u_LrqmPo

also the ps3 has blue ray :) the discs wont get scratches aswell :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    might sell my HIS 4870x2 and use my backup 8800gt, and get a console for gaming to save of power that my pc uses and also make life easier when it comes to gaming,

i wonder how much i can get for my 4870x2 now days, fully boxed like new with all retail packaging and items

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    £160-180 for your 4870x2

7. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    sounds ok ill add to sell it thread for £170.00

8. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    i will stick to pc only

9. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    ive just came across my first issue, if i get a xbox i cant run it though my amp to my surround sound, my denon 1907 doesn't have hdmi and the xbox elite has no digital output ?

any solutions here as im leaning toward the xbox at the min

10. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    Afaik the 360 component cable has a fiber optic output just need the cable to receive Dolby Digital 5.1 some games also do DTS thru the receiver..

That's probably the one thing I miss about console (aside from the huge game library) is all games have Dolby Digital sorround sound..

I'd personally go with the 360 since theres usually more games with better graphics and players online but if your more into the PS3 exclusives your better off with a PS3 also since you can use mouse and keyboard in games(not sure if all).

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Graphics wise i think PS3 blows the 360 out of the water, the exclusives look alot better, killzone 2 and uncharted 2 are miles better looking than every 360 game as as good looking as most PC titles.

Gears of war is nice but not a touch on uncharted.

damien, watch this: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/best-graphics-gt-goty/60223

12. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    BUY PS2 and theres tons of cheap games.

13. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    Trust me get a PS3, you will not be disappointed.
    It does Everything!

Also I have one ;)

PS3 will save you money, you won't upgrade your PC so much.
    So you can save for Bigger PC buys down the road!

You can Get PS3 and 360 quite cheap now

http://www.game.co.uk/Consoles/PlayStation-3/_/N-1z13fvgZ1z13mmt/

If you think get a 360 because its cheaper don't.
    Just stay PC, because you'll get the same games.

PS3 has games that are PS3 Only though.
    It also is 3D Bluray future proofed, if you want that!

14. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi another question. i no nothing about the online features of the two consoles, is it possible to download games via a online shop instead of buying the disk from a retail shop, can i buy the latest films/games e.c.t. straight to the console?

also is their a site which explains both the consoles features so i get my head around what they do, a video would be nice ;)

15. zimzoid

zimzoid Guest

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Bought a ps3 120gig slim last week had it two days and sold it to my mate, just didnt like it...i guess im a pc gamer thru and thru lol

16. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    yeah you can games and various other things off both consoles, the 360 is slighty ahead on what content it has, but the ps3 has some great titles too.

17. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    say i got my self a xbox 360 elite tomorrow and then decided to buy cod5 would it be the same price to buy from their live as it would from the shops, also is the headset voice feature available for both silver and gold live users

after hours of research ive found out some interesting info and i think the 360 is best for me...

1- 360 controller i seem to prefer the layout and the size
    2- GPU in 360 supports free 4x AA and slightly more powerful
    3- online seems slightly more developed

i know that the ps3 has the old title which uses the full potential of the ps3's power but cus of its weird cpu setup most mass developers like EA.... wont take the time or spend the resources needed to achieve the extra performance, its all to do with the cpu having 7x spe's

i fully believe the xbox will lead in gfx / performance in most titles as the game developers just dont want to spend the money on cross platform just to redo the games for the ps3, what i do find upsetting is the lack of hdmi 1.3 on the xbox it seems to only be 1.2 but its not to bad of a thing

so source info
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    If you have got used to Xbox360 controller on your PC, then it would not be as hard to go to Xbox360 than with PS3 which does have a bit different controller.

19. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    it seems you have your mind made up, but im almost betting you will regret it.

20. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    i do and ive just dont think the ps3 controller will suit my large hands as the ps2 ones dint i played on before at mates,

ok i think my choice is the xbox 360 elite, i just need to understand this live thing more,

i.e. points you may fill in to me please...

1- are all games available to download instead of buying from retail shop on live
    2- im looking on this site and i saw that some add-ons cost for example the Hot Holidays Car Pack what is this cost as i dont understand what the symbol means next to 400 http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d53084d/?of=3
    3- what account do i need to play multiplayer with mic headset as i think cod would use this feature nicely