Looking for temperature monitor with logging

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Syntax42, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Syntax42

Syntax42 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 260
    I used to have a nice 2d temperature monitor with logging that came with nTune. From looking at the user's manual, this one looks like it could be it: http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.25.00.html

I absolutely hate the 3d temperature monitor. It tries to be too flashy when all I want is the information and a customizable interface.

Does the 2d monitor I posted above work with Windows 7 and the latest video card drivers?
    Is there another decent software temperature monitoring program with logging that I can use?

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    RivaTuner

3. BCC335

BCC335 Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTX 285/Evga GTX 480
    Syntax, I loved the simplicity and layout of the logging feature in the older Ntune software. It would log to a text file in spreadsheet fashion left to right temps, mem usage, volts and more. It was simple and easy to read at a glance all changes from start of logging to finish.

I could run a game and then open the txt file and see moment to moment variations of temps, usage and voltage. Basically a snapshot of exactly how my system was performing. Nvidia nailed it on the logging portion. Unfortunately Ntune got a bad rep from being buggy on other levels and Nvidia moved on to Nvidia system tools. I dont care for the Nvidia System tools layout I actually prefer the Ntune software layout for its simplicity. Wish they had fixed the bugs and continued to improve it.

In any case Ntune migrated to Nvidia System tools
    http://http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvidia_system_tools_6.06.html

Nvidia System tools does contain a monitoring software called Nvidia System Monitor. It is a standalone app and can be installed solo without the other tools. You might want to try it and see how it compares to the old ntune monitoring and logging setup. Link is above.

There also is another excellent piece of software called Aida64 formerly known as Everest. Aida64 is pretty comprehensive. It will report on just about every aspect of your system but does have a realtime monitoring and logging feature with a very nice adjustable desktop sidebar display. It can be setup to log just about any parameter to log file. Not as simple and quick as the old Ntune but thorough. Hope this helps. :)

regards

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  4. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    MSI Afterburner. /thread

5. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    GPU-Z can log. Definitely the smallest and most portable app.

6. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    MSI Afterburner, RivaTuner, and GPU-Z can all create log files.