Looking for GTX280 card

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Technot, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX-GeForce GTX280 Extrem
    I have been searching for a GTX280 card to SLI my single GTX280. But i can not find any for sale ?

Did they stop that card ? I can still find cheap 260 cards. But no 280.

If i understand SLI. I have to use another GTX280. I cant afford to upgrade to the 400 series.

So if anyone has a good GTX280 card sitting around after upgrading to the 400 series. And you would like to pass it on. Please get in touch.

2. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    they stopped making the GTX 280's a while ago. If you wana try and buy a used card go to the sale section in the forums :)

3. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    that's what i did..no need to upgrade for awhile yet, only playing bc2 at the moment sli 280,s gives me 70-130fps @ 1920x1200 so all good

4. Arctucas

Arctucas Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3

5. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    I have googled for a week now. Searched just on every online shop/resorce.

Did find a used BFG one in the forum sales page. Thought it was alittle pricey for a used card at over $200 but.

After lots of searching/reading. Think i'll leave things as is until i can aford a newer bigger PC. Everything is moving ahead so fast nowdays.

Be better to save to get a bigger, newer 2nd PC in about a year.

But if someone out there does have a GTX280 they want to sell. put it on ebay or for sale on here and let me know. If it's the right price.....

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    I'd consider selling mine depending on the offer made... and of course you'd have to cover the shipping all the way to Australia!

PM me if you're interested.

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    People hold on to them because they know there good cards for what u pay,dx 11 is a fad at the moment,i do not know any games that are dx 11 heavy,although this will change with future releases.

8. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the advice guys.

Think for now i will stay with the single. If i do decide to go for the second 280. I will contact you Neo. Thanks for the offer.

This PC has become the house media center/work station PC. So i am saving for a new (just) gamer for myself. Think, for now i will stick with saving for the new one, rather than spend more on this one.

I just don't understand why they would stop making the GTX280. Given it seemed so popular. Surly they can see people with a single might want to SLI in the future.

Again. Thanks for the help guys..

9. nightwalker342

nightwalker342 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC
    They discontinued the 280 in favor of the 285. Ran a little faster, cooler, and was overall a better card. I have a GTX 280 from BFG that I haven't even plugged in yet because I got a 285 the next day from my wife lol!

10. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    I have decided to look at a getting a bigger GTX card. Keep the 280 and run multi cards.

Card 1: Graphics rendering. The new card. 285 or 295. Or 400 series. ?

Card 2: Dedicated to PhysX acceleration. The 280 i have.

Just not sure weather to stay with the direct x 10, and get a 295. Or go for a DX-11, 400 series. Perhaps a 465. :book:

:boob:

:eek2:

:givebeer:

11. [ODB]

[ODB] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800 GT ULTIMATE SLI
    sweet if u go for the new 485 your computer will be very nice

12. Technot

Technot Member Guru

GPU:
    New 485. dam they do move fast with their updates. Wonder when the 500 series will hit the rounds.

Have to check out the 485.. Was thinking about going 400 series.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Don't worry there will be a good while until we se a '485' out...so not much to check out besides rumours. My 280 is a huge bottleneck for my rig and yet I still want to wait out some more since it's really a bad time to upgrade. The ATi 5xxx series is almost a year old now and the 4xx from nvidia will get a ''cooler'' solution sooner or later. Don't know if I can wait for the ATi 6xxx series though, that won't come out until 2011.