Looking for games for a girl

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Liranan, Feb 2, 2010.

1. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    Try to get her any of the lucasart adventure classics, or maybe the Broken Sword series. Or maybe introduce her to current adventure-horror games (since she has the stomach to play Dead Space) like Penumbra, Call of Cthulhu, or Dark Souls (I'd suggest Darkness Within, but that game's pretty complex). I feel any of these games will help stimulate her mind and entertain her. If she feels some of the puzzles are too hard to solve, that's where you can come in and spend some time with her to figure them out.

Otherwise, I'd also vouch for Mass Effect 1/2. The half-life series is also easy enough to get into, and I'd definitely recommend NOLF 1/2, Mirror's Edge, Batman Arkham Asylum and Beyond Good And Evil

2. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    Need For Speed
    C&C Generals Zero hour.

Well, my sister likes those, but if you arent lokoing for rts games, then check out NFS MW and other games like that.

3. JesusJuice

JesusJuice Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850
    Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4, Condemned, and Silent Hill 2&3. My wife absoliyely loves those games.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    DMC 4 could work, Bioshock might but the others would perhaps be problematic for a younger person. :)
    (Depends though, many do play more violent games despite the age restrictions/recommendations but complete horror games are probably a bit problematic for most, haha.)

5. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Maybe SHE will enjoy Half-life 2 hehe. The Orange Box anyway...

6. putty

putty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saffire AMD R9 285
    If she likes deathspace and cod v zombies, why not l4d? its less scaryer then those games, and there are a lot of 12 year old kids playing it.

7. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    Left 4 Dead

8. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Being realistic, nudity or sex or even violence aren't the problem. By the time they're 12 they've seen more in films than they ever will in games, including the Witcher. It can't get more violent than Mortal Combat and she used to beat us all senseless in that at the age of 6. Can you imagine how frustrating it is when your 6 year old keeps beating you? :cussing::cry:

I just remembered I have UT 2003 still lying around. I might install that on her PC and see how she fares. If she likes it then i'll try her with MW.

Thanks for the tips, I am going to look into them all. The only one I'm not going to look into is Sims 3, she already loves that too much. Also she loves MMORPG's that aren't too difficult. She's tried Knight Online, Aion, EVE, WoW and others I can't remembered. In fact we have WoW accounts with a lot of time on them (in China WoW is paid per minute not per month) but we haven't played them for over a year because we got fed up with the imbalance and the 40 year olds going on 13.

Now her HD has died on her. Tomorrow I'm going to see if I can get a 320GB from somewhere and run my two in RAID, I'll give her my 120 and she can run Windows on that. I'm installing Dead Space again and we're going to give that a go this evening.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  9. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Fallout 3 perhaps?

10. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    -Street figthter 4
    -Resident Evil 5
    -Tomb Raider Underworld
    -Devil may cry 4

DMC4, TRU and SF4 will run fast in that GPU.

Edit:

Portal is mandatory ;), is a puzzle game but an "action puzzle", is easy and fun, recomended 100%.

Also if she likes mmorpg the incoming Final Fantasy XIV is perfect, there more young than olders playing Final Fantasy games.

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/

TGS trailer (1080p) :

http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxiv/movie/tgs_trailer_en.wmv

E3 trailer (1080p) :

http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxiv/movie/e3_trailer_en.wmv

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010