Looking for a PC chair...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Danny_G13, Mar 6, 2020.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Price is one of the issues I have. There's really no reason for office chairs to cost so much.....

2. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Do yourself a favor. Whatever you get, try to get one with adjustable lumbar support. Your back will thank you later.

sykozis likes this.
  3. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    Well I think there's two reasons. One is that it takes a lot of time to design a good chair. Some of the most pricey ones really have a lot of work behind them.
    There's also the issue that they move far less units than your average garbage chair from Ikea. So they charge a premium to make up for that. And since they mainly sell to businesses that isn't an issue.

Found this used just now for 720 euro. I can dream can't I lol

big ROBOT bill and mbk1969 like this.
  4. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    So I came across this. Anyone got any experience with HÅG and their free movement chairs?

This one seems functional enough.

5. nutz

nutz Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 Super
    I'll just say this...I somehow found a deal for a Herman Miller Embody chair back in the day for like $1000 (usually 1500+) and I snapped it up and I've never regretted it. My crappy office chairs that I'd get would usually fall apart after a year or two and I think I've had this thing for 10+ years now and it's been one of the best things I've ever bought. Can sit in it for hours and it's as sturdy as the day I got it. Super spendy? Sure but it's one of those get what you pay for things...

6. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    I know this is quite the necroing of an old thread, but I went for Herman Miller too in the end, and the Aeron. It's simply outstanding. It is solid beyond words, comfortable to a fault, does everything I need and I can sit in it forever.

The hammock style seating area is genius, and it's worth every penny I paid (£1000).

You're right, you get what you pay for alright, and my seating issues ended when I ended up with this masterpiece.

7. rgnuyda

rgnuyda Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI560GTX Ti Twin Frzr2OC
    Sorry for reviving this thread, but I wanted to ask about the differences between gaming and office chairs. I'm planning to buy a new chair, and I'm not sure which type to go for.
    I found some decent office chairs for around $200 on whataroom.com. But gaming chairs in other stores are around $300. Is the extra $100 for a gaming chair worth it?

Last edited: May 23, 2024
  8. AuerX

AuerX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moravec's paradox
    Gaming chairs are office chairs made to look like they are racing seats from a rice burner.

If you can, go and try out chairs, find what fits your body type and then choose one that you like for looks and comfort.

Don't cheap out, cheap chairs will make you miserable in the long run.

Some Ideas: https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-office-chair/

9. max2

max2 Member Guru

Steelcase Gesture

12 year warranty.

Saved me a lot.