Looking for a mew mouse.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by topcat77, Aug 31, 2020.

1. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2070 s
    Any ideal on a good gaming mouse for $75 or so? Please don't suggest razer.. I have been a loyal razer fan since 2013, but its gotten to be crap. Thought about a Logitec mouse like the G502 pro wired mouse. I'm using a old hyperx mouse, but the software is kinda buggy and won't allow me to macro the left button.

Price $75ish
    wired
    gaming mouse
    prefer the 2 button on side.
    macro compatible

2. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    One with a cat attached?

3. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    There are so many options, have you looked at Corsair line or latest Steel Series?

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I'm using the G502 Hero and it is fantastic.
    My use case isnt very common, on a cloth sofa seat or cushion, it tracks so much better than any mouse I tried previously.
    Though it suffers from button failure the same as any other.
    But luckily I managed to fix it by taking the button apart and bending the contact which was pretty tricky.

I've had button failures on this G502, my Corsair Scimitar RGB and dual button failure on a replacement Steelseries Sensei (the first one had wire failure), that and Steelseries support trying the get out of fully upholding the warranty put me off them for life.

Mulsiphix likes this.

5. topcat77

topcat77 Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2070 s
    Thanks everyone. I get about 8 months out of a $80 razer mouse. I am in the process of RMA the razer mouse now. I told the razer tech that razer is becoming poor craftsmanship. So he is sending me to the RMA people. Sad really, that such a company will loose good people. does this.

Hey ,ufflore. I have 2 cats and one wants to lay on my desk or in my chair.

I think I will give the 502 a try. It has some really good reviews.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've had no issues creating macros for my G502's, unlike my Corsair M65 Pro RGB....

My current G502 HERO is having the same double click issue my G500 and G502 Proteus Core both had..... Any tips for fixing double click issues?

7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I would love a MEW Mouse too but currently have an old Logitech MX (dying... literally buttons do not work) and G700s with tons of buttons. Love it except that I have to charge it everyday. Eats batteries like crazy but good enough for a few hours of continuous gaming.

I would look at Logitech G series with the number of buttons you need.

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Buy a new mouse. My OLD Logitech MX has this issue (left click), plus the USB port does not charge anymore. Must have lifted off the PCB inside but I suspect the button contacts are gone or worn out.

Lasted nearly 8 years so that was a good run.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm actually looking for a new mouse. Considering giving up on "gaming" mice since none of them really seem to last. Considering just grabbing a Logitech B100 so I never have to buy another mouse.

Mulsiphix likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I can vouch for the Logitech G9 Laser, been using that since about 2009... I have replaced the usb wire due to it being that crappy fabric stuff mind you, so that did fail, but other than that it's a pretty good mouse, not sure if you can find them anymore though.

11. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    G502 is the tried and true mouse. If you can get one.

Steelseries rival 100/300 are pretty good aswell for on a budget.

12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Well my first multi-button mouse was the Logitech MX that came with the Wave Keyboard. I loved it. It was not a game mouse but quality, tracking, ergonomics and long wireless usage was top notch.

Then I got into an even more hardcore game, ARMA, and wanted more buttons hence I got the G700s when it become EOL (that was when the MX started to act up).

Great mouse, better tracking, good quality, good weight, comfortable and even MOAR buttons.

But worst battery life if I enable more sensitivity in the tracking.

Rocks in office work with the buttons and more awesome in gaming.

I suggest you ignore the "gaming" marketing and based it on needs. Logitech makes a better mouse in general than those "gaming" brands with all their RGB fluff.

13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This is my thread describing the fix and what happened.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/g...stering-down-spin-then-switch-failure.429988/

I have the fluff down the side of the wheel problem again, my cats hair is soooooo fine and soft, it gets in gaps that dont exist, and damn is it hard to get at.
    While it would work, I dont think chucking my cat away is the best solution lol.

Be sure to read what is written in my thread linked above.
    It appears mice button longevity is simply dreadful.

However...
    The button I fixed on my G502 by bending the spring lever a little has been ""perfect"" ever since, better than when it was new.
    ie I can move my fingers far toward the rear of the mouse and it never double clicks like it did not long after I bought it. And it never misses a click, it feels robust now.
    So there is hope if you dont mind getting your screwdrivers out after a year or 2.
    And whatever you do, dont press the middle button hard on any mouse, that will hasten its demise. Mine gets used a hell of a lot and is still working great because I'm gentle with it and possibly a bit lucky.

I wish somebody would review mouse button longevity, it is sorely needed.

ps watch out for cat hair! My cats hair is magic. I cant see it unless there is a lot. It slowly builds up as I use the mouse wheel and is tough to get out. But this is the same for any mouse, not a Logitech issue.
    My fingers must be the source of hair getting to the mouse wheel so I suggest wiping your hands after stroking your puss :)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    Mulsiphix likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    order some japanese omrons rated for 20 or 30k clicks and replace the chinese omrons that are somehow rated for 50k lol.

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    With the exception of 1 Roccat Kova+ and 1 Corsair M65 Pro, all I've ever used is Logitech mice. The Roccat never had an issue, but it was incredibly uncomfortable to use. After a couple years, I was unable to use a mouse for more than 30-60 minutes a night, which meant very limited gaming. If Roccat were to ever release a clone of the G502, I'd have no issue buying it....

I don't understand why Logitech doesn't use the same switches in their "gaming mice" as they do the B100 mouse. In my experience, those mice are nearly impossible to kill through normal office use. I can't manage to get a "gaming" mouse to last more than 12-18 months...... Although, the Logitech G Hub software updated a couple days ago and I haven't noticed the issue since. Maybe it was software related this time.....

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Use an air compressor, that's what I've done a few times to get fluff and junk out of my mouse

lol

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Logitech G502 is great but heavy mouse. Mine started double clicking on the side buttons after 4 years. Still have it as a back up to my Logitech GPW.

It really depends on many things.

1. hand size
    2. preferred grip
    3. weight
    4. shape (ambi/ergo)
    5. wired/wireless
    There's some other factors to look at too. I'll honestly say that if you're looking for a great overall mouse, the Endgame XM1 is as good as it gets. Great sensor, light, great cable, great feet, fits claw and fingertip perfectly fine with most hands. Just an example. GPW is also amazing. So is Razer Viper Mini. Or G-Wolves Skoll. There's so many great mice out there, really depends on what fits you. Sensors these days are mostly all great on these mice so you need to start looking at cable quality, feet, switches etc.

I'd recommend you check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview and do some research for a few days before you drop money on a new mouse. A lot of knowledgeable people on that sub.

Mulsiphix likes this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    you mean million, not thousand.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i do.

in other news, i just put my 903's on 7.2.13FW and they haven't ghost clicked or broken dragged so far