lookin to build a new comp mid 2k5

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by LinkDrive, Apr 3, 2005.

1. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Lol, i started my previous post before the other 5-6 ones, so it looks like some of my information may be redundant.

2. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    heres a few you can add to your book

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-157&depa=0
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-135-173&depa=0
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-170-133&depa=0
    http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-170-123&depa=0

3. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
  4. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    we all make mistakes...

5. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    I don't know if he will believe you

6. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Lol, yeah, i know. I still think you should wait to build, hopefully that is what you are going to do. I'm just hoping that the 925XE chipset board I just got doesn't go obsolete soon. Hopefully the 925XE chipset will support 64-bit (I'm sure it will, because it supports the new 64-bit based 1066 Mhz P4 EEs that are out) but if it doesn't I guess I will be using this computer for my home theater and building me a new computer towards the end of 05 as well.

7. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    yeah im probibly gonna hold off and see what comes out. besides like i said before, i need the $$$ to buy the parts first so...yea.lol

neway, sorry about earlier (to all of you), i been under a ton of stress lately.

8. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Bottom line is guys we've tried to help him. SVT i like the way you put alot of that, and I was about to say there was a board out there that could do that. I think even AMD has one but i'm not about to go look for this guy cuz I really don't care all that much.

Bottom line is like you said AGP is gone pretty much and PCI-E is the way to go. And dude I don't care if you say you don't wanna upgrade or whatever but i've already told you go with SLI because it's a money saver and you WILL get more performance.

I've also told you the same about DDR, and yet again it is true that JEDEC standard is only DDR400. If boards could only support 400MHz memory why make it any faster? Lets get a grip on life, not be so hard headed and listen.

9. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Thanks dude. All I know is that on my next system I'm going all out. AMD, SLI, and Phase Change cooling are all on my list. I'm going to be a pimp :D

10. MrBen

MrBen Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce4 ti 4200 128MB
    JW you've been mostly right on the ball all along; Lavans is just one of those people tech support people hope they never have to deal with on the phone.

11. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    HAHAHAHAHA - I work in tech support, So I know exactly what u mean!!!

no one tells me whats right or wrong :p

12. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    haha true that ben. Damn guy has to be open and listen, only been doing this stuff for 7 years now.

13. Smitty2k1

Smitty2k1 Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    Ok, not to hijack or anything....

I need to build a computer before I move off to college in late August... should I wait till summer to do it? What new tech is coming out that I should look at/wait for?

Thanks guys

14. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Well smitty I would suggest you start a new thread and I would be more than happy to help you in the forum or on AIM with anything you need or like. Or you can feel free to IM me on AIM, name is BarretJC.

I would suggest you build a PC sometime shortly, prices are pretty good and prices on what is around now probably won't come down much except for the higher rated processors. Memory right now is at a decent price but a shortage is expected so who knows if it will sky-rocket. Video cards are at a decent price also, and motherboards are as well so i'd say buy buy buy.

15. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    yeah start thinking about want you want now and within a month or so make the plunge

16. xK Ares

xK Ares Guest

i didnt even know they made mobos with pci express and agp lol

17. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    leonhart. let it be.

Nothing is going to convince him to use amd. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink.. you can however drown him.. ^_^

Lavans. go ahead and get that p4 set up or what ever it was. It's your money.
    But some info, the on cpu memory controller the A64's have offers 2x-4x the memory bandwidth of off cpu memory controllers.

Im using an amd xp 32bit 2.2ghz with 1gb dual channel, and my brother is using an a64 754pin 1.8ghz with 512mb single-channel and he has tripple the memory bandwidth i do.

The speed and memory bandwidth gained by the onchip memory controller makes having more onboard cache useless. You can configure windows to transfer system memory into cache.

DDR2 memory is simply lower voltages, lower heat, higher clocks. DDR2 is great but not needed. your much better off with quality ddr1 with low latencies and good speed.

2.4ghz amd64, owns a 3.6ghz intel. Check benchmarks.

If you want our advice. go amd, you wont regret it. If you think your a know it all, and that your right and every single one of us is wrong. then go intel. your choice your money. our laughs.

"Chances have it if everyone says your wrong, then your wrong. Your like a drunk, the only one who thinks you can sing well is you. ^_^"

18. Lostfaith

Lostfaith Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 320MB SC // X1250
    true words of wisdom chouji

19. Jw_Leonhart

Jw_Leonhart Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeforceGTX 770 SC
    Wow, he said that pretty good. :p

20. BeMyMonkey

BeMyMonkey Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 9300M GS
    lol, this thread is hilarious...

dumbasses rock, they're just so entertaining :)

oh and Jw_Leonhart - I'm impressed with your amazing self-control, heheh... i would have told the guy to go **** himself pages ago...