Look what they are finally selling in the

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by goat1, Nov 9, 2011.

1. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
  2. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    humm? anything else you want to tell us?

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Roccat's been available in the US for awhile now, just not through Newegg.

4. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Through Medusa USA yes,but I was just letting everyone else know.. Its on Amazon also,but they aren't out yet at either place..

5. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
  6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Oh really? Why is that? Also,I can't believe the well thought out comment you just made.. Bravo!

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    Yes surround sound headphones are just the work of marketing.

8. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Tell that to my turtle beach HPA2's and My CoolerMaster Sirus headsets.. They sound pretty good.. Oh and yes,I've tried lots of audiophile headphones.. I currently own Beyerdynamics DT 770 pro 80's and yes they are incredible,but to say the 5.1's are a gimmick is complete BS!

9. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 Strix H20
    lol turtle beaches, aimed directly at console users with marketing that says they will own the competition.

10. Hyp3rT3nsion

Hyp3rT3nsion Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 SC/ACx
    No intention to bash, but onboard / Turtle Beach... Try a decent dedicated sound card... you will be amazed at the difference and never look back.

5.1 on Headphones... 1-2 inches from the ear, most with no amp, low ohm... IMO only, not worth it, positioning weak, dull (at it's absolute best) soundstage. I tried it... returned a week later, and I've never looked back. Again, personal opinion only, I know a lot of gamers swear by them.

Wow.. looked at newegg, and they have 7.1 headsets??? Really???

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    The 7.1's are USB simulated with dolby digital.. I don't know how they come up with 7.1.. Everything you said is BS.. The turtles sounded great.. They made PC stuff long before console stuff.. You obviously didn't have the HPA2's.. I was just using them last night in BF3 and it sounded awesome.. On board is absolutely terrible.. My DT 770's are the best,but I like to mix it up.. I like the rumble effect of the HPA2's for explosions.. PS I just ordered the Roccat Kave's on newegg.. Can you blame me.. 5.1 baby.. :biggun:

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    People have different opinions just because you don't agree with there opinions do not mean you should rain on there parade if they enjoy certain gear that you wouldn't.

13. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Your right.. Stop raining on my parade.. :p

14. Hemectu

Hemectu Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX465 SC -> 470 SC
    I like my HPA2's :(.
    Now I would not buy another 5.1 set because I don't believe there is another pair that are as good - I agree most are a gimmick, but not all. 7.1 is a gimmick, those drivers would have to be so tiny they would sound awful.

The HPA2's are good quality drivers that do work. They are not excellent drivers, no.
    I have them paired with a X-fi forte, sound brilliant.

15. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I endorse this statement.. But.. The Coolmaster sirus are pretty close.. Even using UBS they sound really good.. I'll have to get back to you guys when I get my Roccat Rave 5.1's tomorrow..

16. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Let us know what you think goat1. As you know,I have a set of Roccat Kave's,and have now,or have had all the other 5.1 sets mentioned here. I'm betting you will like the Roccat's better than your Turtle Beach set. They fit a little tighter than the hpa2's,but if they are comfortable for you,my bet stands.

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    There's ESlik... Ooops,Kave not Rave.. lol I'm eager to try them out with BF3.. The turtle beach HPA2's sound really good in that game.. The sub vibrators are awesome in that game.. I know the Kave's have them also.. :p

18. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My friend has Logitech G930 which is a 7.1 headset. We swapped our headphones for a few days (I gave him my old Pioneer HDJ-2000's which are stereo) and he said those were a lot better in games and for movies.

I tried his and I can say the same thing for my HDJ's.

Surround Sound headphones are a joke really..

19. ESlik

ESlik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Oh? Have you heard of Psyko? USB and simulated surround may be a joke,but good analog 5.1 surround is not. Try a really good set of 5.1 analog surround headphones,and THEN tell me they are a joke. Your best desk top surround sound speaker set up is 5.1 analog.

20. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I just can't believe how many people are ill informed or just don't research anything. Dolby digital sucks.. All it does it make it sound like the space is opened up.. I prefer it off.. ESlik,Myself and GenClaymore have had multiple headsets,including audiophile headsets.. Honestly they all sound good. But saying 5.1 analog headsets are a joke is really an opinion off of a mediocre set of cans.. I had the G35's and they weren't good. Very hollow sounding..