Look at the state of the pc games section.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Covert, May 11, 2009.

1. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Sucks to be here in the southern hemisphere. Always a big rush of good releases at the start of summer, and a quiet patch right now when winter sets in :(

2. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    wise words, plus we are near of final exams :wanker:

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    quite honestly, months past there really was nothing. I mean February and April were boring as all hell. If it weren't for FEAR 2 at least occupying some of my time I don't know what I would have done.
    At this exact moment I have Wolverine on my screen making a nightly appearance, Riddick is installed waiting to be played, and I even decided to go through Tomb Raider Underworld after hearing good things.
    Once Res Evil 5 makes it way to PC and Diablo 3 gets released that should carry some gamers through summer and into the primetime third and fourth quarters. :)

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    theres nothing coming out on console either so i dont see what the fuss is. Besides the weather is getting better so its better to be out and about :)

5. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Well, you are a noob and super full of ****. :D

But in all seriousness, most companies aren't moving from PC to console for a quick buck. It's a business, and the only way for a business to survive, is to make money. Only way to make money, is find the best selling department in the area of your market. In this case, it's consoles.
    For me though, there hasn't been any decent releases I've wanted on either console or PC. So, I just still play COD4.

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    i agree with john and cybermancer, This time of the year more people go out more and movies is the big thing this time of year....hence why we see all the blockbusters now (yay T4 and Transformers 2)
    more people go out on dates, more likely to do more with significant others.
    barbeques, picnics, camping, vacation getaways,...etc

now dont get me wrong, i'm a true geek and i'll be inside with the A/C on high playing older games...some classic emulation too...throughout the summer and i'll try to see if i cant fit my g/f into my tight schedule.

but generally game sales are lower cause of all that so there wont be much for a while.

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    that must be nice snowing today where I am lol. But true stores in town are having less games sales for all systems and platforms overall

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Thanks for the credit, but up until now I didn't even post in this thread. :p

Perhaps you meant morbias?

9. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, well snow is nice too :), as long as theres a balance overall throughout the year we cant complain, besides it rains too much here lol

This time of year is crappy for games, moreso because of the E3 hype

10. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Call of Duty 4 is the only game i play for now, can only play on the 30 or less servers cos i cant stand aimless running around shooters.

lmao ive bought a ripstik to tide me over, you ever seen a fat 34 riding a ripstik? im good im telling yer.#

11. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    The only thing I worry about is the PC section in stores, the top ten being dominated by The Sims. I reap the benefits of the PC becoming the somewhat lesser audience because that means the put the prices down in order to sell the games. GRID for £10 new? Yes please :D

12. Whiteraven

Whiteraven Member Guru

GPU:
    (2X) BFG 8800GTS OC 640mb
    WoW has pulled MANY people away from playing any other games.

I know cause I played for 4+ years and missed out on alot of good games :(

13. PNeV

PNeV Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    They should bundle new laptops and PC's WITH The Sims 2. Would sell like hot cakes. A lot of my lady friends have The Sims 2 on their laptops/PC's and they are fine playing on Low details. Its insane how popular the franchise is. One of them asked me if their laptop would be enough to play The Sims 3, and if not could I find them a new one that would.

14. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Every thing is alittle slow this time of year dude , i mean even console are not new release central at the moment.

Also alot of game developers are holding on to there titles becuase of the way the economy is at the moment.

Good thing to come from this slower time though, is that we get chance to save for all the titles to come later.:banana:

15. jimmyme

jimmyme Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1gb GS_stock air
    I think we need to define 'pc gaming'.
    One way of looking at it...(My meaning of the word) = game developed for the PC....
    and if you look at it this way there are maybe 3-4 current pc titles on the entire planet? am i wrong? fact is pc gaming is DEAD. FACT. we are currently in the age of the console... FACT.
    But i like surfing the net easily, rendering things in CAD etc...
    just one mans rant...

16. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    its just stupid game devs bringing down pc gaming its certainly not piracy thats killing it.
    maybe the pointless drm and copy protection that does't do **** tough.

17. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Getting laid? :3eyes: