look after your chipset ...

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by vexed_uk, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vexed_uk

vexed_uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT 510/1200
    i was playing about with my chipset today (north), replaced the heatsink on it withanohter..yea nothing amasing there bascily the fan was making a noise so i changed it all, now heres the stange part. 200*11.5=2300 on the dot right, so why am i now getting 2305Mhz,
    A. No it wassnt like this before
    B. it dosnt fluxuate, its allways 2305

strange? or expected?

2. Bl1ZZ4RDX

Bl1ZZ4RDX Active Member

GPU:
    Leadtek Winfast PX 6600 GT TDH EE
    I don't think that it was because of what you did with the chipset. I think that it isn't so strange because the system is usually fluctuate a bit. If it doesn' fluctuate, maybe your sensor is not reading it for a real time. And one's for sure, it doesn't do any harm to your pc as well. So, don't worry bout it.

3. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    I'm not guessing it did much, but something little could of helped, if the chipset was overheating.

4. Remus[LV]

Remus[LV] Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 9600SE
    Thats normal. For example my 1700Mhz celeron works at 1723 at stock freq.

5. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Any reason to complain about increased performance?

6. vexed_uk

vexed_uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT 510/1200
    just saying, why?

7. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    i have a .49% overclock due to the fluctuating nature of amd cpu's I have never hit an even number so to say. No big deal it's stable thats what counts.

8. vexed_uk

vexed_uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT 510/1200
    yea but mine was 2300. on the dot?

9. EDogg007

EDogg007 Guest

mine will hit 2.4ghz....but i have to put 1.85v into it to get that high...the other problem is my board overvolts. Like i set it to 1.85v and it sits around 1.88-.89. Unlike the Abit NF7-S which most of the time will undervolt. The other difference i have is the chipset. You have a NF2 Ultra 400 and i have a VIA Kt880. Just be happy you hit that overclock :)

10. LanBoy_2004

LanBoy_2004 New Member

Well edogg007 if and if you knew how to overclock then you would know that your processor will hit 3.2. Because my barton in my Sweet A** computer will hit 3.2giggas at a outstanding 2.8Volts. So before you post any more reviews on that thing you call a Computer with all your voltage regulating pci slot full piece. Buy a real computer Chump!

Yea you just got Owned.

11. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    Wow... a "my overclock is better than yours!" flame war! How amusing. I think im gonna grab some popcorn and stay seated for a while.

Dont worry about the extra 5hz. My lappy's celeron is meant to run at 1066, but is constanly underpreforming at 1050-1030, changing everytime i start it up. Its lasted me a good 4 years, so you have nothing to worry about.

12. EDogg007

EDogg007 Guest

this wasn't meant to start a flame war!!! i was just posting facts. If thats a problem PM me.

So Yes i did get pwned! But i don't care, i'm just happy it works!! So LANBoy2004, I've been over clocking since you were in diapers SO don't pull that crap with me!

PS: the NF7 is the best OCer in many reviews.

13. vexed_uk

vexed_uk Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7800GT 510/1200
    woah hold on, ur telling me LanBoy_2004 that u overclocked a 2400M+ to 3.2Ghz at 2.8 volts i think that is total poo...got a screen shot? and just to point out a Athlon 3200+ IS NOT 3.2Ghz, so maby ur the 1 who knows nothing about overclocking.

lmao sorry just like to point out how stupid ur post about a barton hitting 3.2Ghz at 2.8V is. haha ok...im calm.cuz even if it was a 3200+, at 2.8V thats really really bad.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  14. Kenshai

Kenshai Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9800XT / 479/790

Woah, you let rip when that came out your ass.
    Stfu :cool:

15. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Flaming in the overclocking section? Whatever next.

Erm, really LanBoy_2004 that post was uncalled for. Besides, you don't have a clue what you're talking about, so that one liner really didn't work !

What's next.. you gonna tell me I don't know how to overclock either? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.