look a vista bugs and complaints petition

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by R_AL_Sim, Jun 8, 2008.

1. R_AL_Sim

R_AL_Sim Member Guru

GPU:
    GF 8800gtx @ 600/998
  2. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Why don't Vista bashers just die...
    Great, we all know every software has problems and bugs. Now give it a rest will ya?

3. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    :war:

4. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Im all for these ejits to die but I think they should reconsider with what they're saying.

Since now it looks exactly like, "it works but you've not done much else" - Why change something that works eh?

5. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Most of the site's submissions are utterly funny...

6. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    i agree, some of those supposid faults are some of the dumbest complaints ive ever heard.

like how the icons are jaggy when enlarged,.and system property windows that look out of style, or dont entirely change color to match aero.

people are so f*kin sissy-fied these days. its like i was reading the "sex and the city" list of vista complaints

as far as im concerned vista itself is fine for the most part ,honestly for media center alone its kinda worth it,especially for htpc's vista is perfect. x86/x64 compatibility needs a bit more work and some driver/software issues,but most of those problems can be avoided by the user's choice.

7. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    Roflmao. They just don't know how to use computers. ;-) I personally like Vista. The UI was a little quirky at first, but that's because we've been using XP forever and a day. But really it's just XP at it's core bad habits and all, with some more features, some of which I guess are available in XP now & a nicer UI (Imo). I like media center too, it's way cooler than apples front row bull crap.

8. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Vista UI is way easier to use then office 2007 which I got to use at work for a few months after which I HAD to move back

The ''ribbon thing'' in office is an annoyance at first but you get used to it

Vista, everything works fine from the start, everything you look for is there

Even better I love how the address bar works in vista, so much easier to browser around your folders on your HD

9. Smellybumlove

Smellybumlove Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD4830x2 crossfire
    i like vista, i like xp.... i like vista more than xp. but thats my opinion, who cares anyway?

10. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Those complaints entirely retarted....

Its like saying, The Steering Wheel is outdated, its in the same spot....

or...Why do cars still have wheels??

11. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Sure most of the complaints are stupid, but they all raise a valid point. That point is that Vista is underdeveloped and thrown together. Nothing is unified. I remember reading about how different development teams working on Vista could barely communicate with other teams, and this really shows it. It seems like every part was made by a completely independent team and they didn't even bother finding out what the other teams are doing.

It also shows Microsoft's use of completely outdated code and how each version of windows was pretty much an update of the previous.

12. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    most complaints are GUI from what I can see no one is saying vista is shart that I can see just general complaints for GUI errors. Some complaints are pointless though like how a Window Does not use Win VISTA like GUI.

But auto complaining about it and getting mad ain't an answer to this site now is it. I Don't see people bashing vista in it just reporting qwerks. Seriously why go so offensive if someone states a negative of VISTA. Every OS should get complaints and they do otherwise there would be no Progression if there was never complaints since then it would be perfect no??

Hell you want to Bash XP/Vista/Other OS go ahead as long as you don't attack someone else because they don't support your view. That also goes for over defensive people.

My view on vista is that its not a worthwhile OS compared to Existing OS that I use oh yea and its not XP. And the OS i use just shows u I don't use the Complaint that vista costs too much. Why well Vista hampers Certain Software I use as well as increases the work time for some of the Work I do. And for the record i do own VISTA Ultimate, Vista Premium even installed on the computer I have now on a secondary HDD just doesn't get used much at all.

13. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    hmmm i think its just the hardware you run

i'v never had any probs with vista

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Same here. And I was running Vista on an Athlon 64 3400, Xpress200, and not even 1 gb of ram just fine.

15. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Wow. So these people don't understand the meaning of consistency. If you completely change an operating system for the last iteration then you're going to alienate alot of users, and fewer people will uses it. I think Vista is great and it runs fantastically, in all honestly I've never had a smoother computing experience. I run Vista x64 as a computer science student, so I do alot of work on programming assignements / group projects and it's just fantastic.

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    when vista first released, most here hated it or bashed it to varying degrees.
    still a few out there but overall vista has warmed over as i predicted over one year ago.

but then again, OSX and Linux has its huge plate of problems as well...so whats the point?
    W7 will have problems too

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Yeah, but so far we're been told that there will be very few this time, though.

18. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    is Linux any better?
    is OSX any better?

apparantly not since most of us are using Vista.
    and games is mostly why and mostly why the other OS's suck but doesnt mean we wouldnt be complaining about the others if games were made excuslively for them instead especially Linux cause its so varied and nonstandard

19. R_AL_Sim

R_AL_Sim Member Guru

GPU:
    GF 8800gtx @ 600/998
    vista has improved alot since its orriginal release the main thing i found anoying about it was the volitile storage alot of my old programs needed to be recoded as i was unaware of how the enviroment was going to change in vista but now i have vis studio 2008 on vist 64 programing for it is getting alot better

My view on this blog is it is a good idea for the developers to see bits that they missed when updating bits of graphics and ui from xp to the new style that vista uses and at the end of the day no amount of bug testing will eliminate all bugs and most the bugs that are found would'nt be notice till its in the hands of the end user anyway so this is a positive thing it not a means of bashing vista, like i say i really like it now and never have any major problems that cant be fixed

feedback is good on an os its how later os's develope without feedback where would the computer industry be right now we'd still be limited to 640 k of memory and strugling to remember all the syntax to load a custom level in a game while making sure you had your vesa compliant driver loaded

:)

20. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    90% nitpicking and ignorance.

And the Safely Remove Hardware dialog? I've found it completely useless in any Windows release newer than Win2k.