Long time, looking for gpu cooler

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Markgpl, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Salute, been a while for me, always reading silently around here. Here is my situation.
    Since i live in a horrible country, i couldnt chose the best RX 5700 XT, i had to go with msi mech oc. Works perfect vram is a little hot but not outside specs.
    The noise however is horrible, specially comparing to my lovely aorus 580 which was amazing.
    Power control comes in handy and i barely lose any relevant performance but it is a shame to tame an oc model.
    I would like to install a custom cooling solution mid term, what i found from reviews is that the cooler lack area and the fans are somewhat small compared to others so they go up to 3000rpm, horrible. I cap the power until they go 2700rpm max.
    Anyway, do you think that my vga layout is compatible with any interesting coolers?, on the other hand, without removing the cooler could the stock fans be replaced with thicker/bigger fans? I improved the results installing a fan at the case floor which is ventilated throwing fresh air to fan intake area, so i think even the small radiator could be helped with airflow just not as noisy as the stock turbines.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Well, the general recommended aftermarket cooker is the ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV.

3. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    Thx mate, so all aftermarket coolers are compatible, they work around the gpu retention, no issues with custom layouts?

4. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Go with the Rayjintek one. Fits all cards. I have the Artic one and cant fit dies with 64*64,

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Which revision of the Accelero Xtreme IV do you have? Revision 2 is listed as compatible with the RX5700XT....

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    Any version will be fine. Just be aware that if the Gddr6 is not cooled properly it will overheat