Long Throw Drivers vs Nearfield Drivers

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RagDoll_Effect, May 24, 2014.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    What's your preference? I think Long throw drivers are best to get if you don't want to keep upgrading if you get a bigger place to put your audio gear and home theatre...

cheers,
    RagDoll.

2. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Well, I'd say I prefer long throw (high xmax) on my subs and pro style (aka high sensitivity, aka low throw, etc.) drivers for my mains.

3. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Cool, well most subs are all long throw, however I think it's also good to have long throw speakers, because most Amplifiers and Receiver have a distance setting... Nearfield or Monitors usually don't... However, it would be good to have both, like for zone 2 on my Receiver, I was thinking of getting some nearfield studio monitor speakers :)

regards,
    RagDoll.

4. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    Last edited: May 25, 2014

5. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
  6. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    This is my system minus my second sub, which I have on the other side of room. Also, my other speakers for my 7.1 surround...:) Excuse it's a bit messy and my camera not so good lol.

[​IMG]
    post images

7. Rebel975

Rebel975 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC+
    So, you have two sets of speakers in the front? Is that for a 2.1 system and then separate speakers for a 7.1?

8. RagDoll_Effect

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It's 7.2, however only the 2 front top speakers are the ones hooked up, I might hook the others up for 9.2 as front high speakers :) My other sub is hooked up, but not in the picture because it's on the other side of the room :)

regards,
    RagDoll.