Long boot time problem?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Dont_shootme182, May 1, 2005.

1. Dont_shootme182

Dont_shootme182 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    Hi, I just finished installing my new PC and when I start the PC, the WinXP loading screen stays there for about 45sec. to a min. I first tried setting up a RAID 0 SATA on my 2 new SATA Seagate 200GB drives but I would either get blue screens on the Silicon image RAID controller or I would get a message in Windows that "US RAID service (Nvidia RAID) crached do you want to send info to M$". Also, if I look at the SATA drive that currently has WinXP on it with HDD Health, it says "Current Pending Sector Count (Unstable Sectors)" = 2 and "Uncorrectable Sector Count" = 2 sectors. The drives are brand new as is the MB, CPU, RAM, PSU and Video card. Here are my new specs:

AMD64 4000+
    1GB DDR500
    Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
    eVGA GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E
    SB Zudigy2 ZS
    2x Seagate 200GB SATA
    WD 120GB ATA100
    WD 200GB ATA100
    OCz Modstream 520W

The other SATA drive doesn't have the sectors problem so is it the HD or the MB.

TIA

2. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Did you get any floopy disk or cd with your mobo that has drivers that you need when installing a fresh copy of XP.
    Did you activate the sata in your bios,
    Did you install the raid driver for XP so that the OS can see the drive,
    Try this go to start/my comp/(right click)/manage/disk managment and format the drive with the problems.

Hope that helps.

3. Dont_shootme182

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    Yeah I used the F6 to install the RAID drivers but from what I know I dont need drivers when installing WinXP just on a SATA drive. Im trying to install WinXP on the other SATA drive to see if its ok like this, but if its not then theres something wrong with my MB I think, because the first time I ever used the drivers I had problems.

4. Dont_shootme182

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    Well it looks like one of my SATA drives is broken... Installed WinXP on the other SATA drive and all is fine... Damn that sux... have to send it back :(