Long boot time problem?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Dont_shootme182, May 1, 2005.

1. Dont_shootme182

Dont_shootme182 Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 295
    Hi, I just finished installing my new PC and when I start the PC, the WinXP loading screen stays there for about 45sec. to a min. I first tried setting up a RAID 0 SATA on my 2 new SATA Seagate 200GB drives but I would either get blue screens on the Silicon image RAID controller or I would get a message in Windows that "US RAID service (Nvidia RAID) crached do you want to send info to M$". Also, if I look at the SATA drive that currently has WinXP on it with HDD Health, it says "Current Pending Sector Count (Unstable Sectors)" = 2 and "Uncorrectable Sector Count" = 2 sectors. The drives are brand new as is the MB, CPU, RAM, PSU and Video card. Here are my new specs:

AMD64 4000+
    1GB DDR500
    Asus A8N-SLi Deluxe
    eVGA GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E
    SB Zudigy2 ZS
    2x Seagate 200GB SATA
    WD 120GB ATA100
    WD 200GB ATA100
    OCz Modstream 520W

The other SATA drive doesn't have the sectors problem so is it the HD or the MB.

TIA

2. Raku

Raku Member

GPU:
    eVGA 6800gt 256
    1)make sure raid is enabled in the bios
    2)from the 1st boot screen you should see an option to enter raid setup. go to it and make sure both drives are there and set to the raid array you want
    3)when you install windows it should now see both drives as a single drive.
    4)format and start install, when prompted install raid and sata drivers from floppy
    5) finnish windows install
    6) enjoy 400gb goodness

read mobo manual since some steps/details my be different for your mobo.