Lol P3 600e Mhz

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Species, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Species

Species Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS (512) 750/1875/1000
    Ok, i had this pc setting in the closet, decided to use it as a server or something, i spent a little money on it, bought a PCI FX 5500 GT OC card for it, put 512mb ram in it(max the board will hold, lol) and put my old 200gb 7200rpm Barracuda in it, along with a 500w PS i had laying around.

Its an older Hp corporate desktop pc i got from an old dealership i used to work at, keep in mind this used to be my main pc lol, i used to play UT2k3 on it and stuff lol. Anyways, its got the processor thats on its own little board with heatsink and all and it goes into a pci looking slot on the mobo.

Is there any chance of getting a bios update on this pc, and is there any chance on overclocking this p3 600E MHZ, just to get a little more out of it? Any info if anyone knows about this older style cpu, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2005
  2. otaku

otaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800,640gts sli
    you will probably need to mess with some jumpers on the mobo to over clock, this is easy if you can get hold of a manual

good luck

3. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    If i am not mistaken, those Slot-1 P3 600E chips were already overclocked to the max by Intel, so you will be extremely lucky if you get any more juice out of it, especially if it's the 133Mhz FSB version. If it's the 100Mhz one, try upping the FSB to 133 and see if it will run at 800Mhz (highly unlikely).

4. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I agree ur stuck w/ the speed u have. I got a PII / Celeron (type of chip depends which board its in ;P) that uses one of those socket-to-slot things. The board w/ the slot is a jumper less thing w/ chip set at 200MHz, no chance of O/C. Was mad it this as I had a spare water cooler I wanted to put on it & see what I could O/C to.