Logitech Z 2300 V/S Altech Lansing 5021

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by surtitanuj, Jul 7, 2010.

1. surtitanuj

surtitanuj New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GE Forge 9400GT
    Hi,

Which one is better Altech Lansing 5021 or Logitech Z 2300. I am planning to buy but confused with these two. I heard the sound of Altech Lansing 5021 which is excellent but at present it is not available in the market whereas another THX certified is Logitech Z 2300 but not aware abt it's quality.

Can anyone guide Me which is better and having more output. Also is their any shope in Mumbai from where I can buy these two or from where I can get Altech Lansing MX 5021 and in case altech 5021 is not available then can I buy logitech z 2300 and whether it gives the same sound quality like altech or better or worst.

Thanks in Advance.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Don't worry too much about "THX" certification. There are both good and bad products sporting the "THX" logo.

Can you listen to both sets?
    If you need more info on them just read over the spec and some reviews if you can find them.

3. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Logitech good for bass heads and thats pretty much it, muffled mids and highs... no tweeter in these. They go loud, although they will blow out fast if you crank them regularly. Then the popping and crackling begins.

The MX were good pc speakers although now discontinued. The next best set of 2.1 pc speakers are the klipche promedia 2,1 klipche re-released these with and ipod in the title:p ie. klipche pro-media 2.1/ipod same speakers from 10 years ago btw there thx cert if that floats your boat.

After that the 2.1 S330D by edifier these are dont cost alot and sound great and use high quality components wood cabinets and such i think.

moving along from the PC speakers.

The M-Audio AV40 sound awesome, although they are classified as monitors there much better suited to being multimedia speakers and are advertised this way in reality. they have a bass boost feature as well. use actual speaker wire and are rather large youtube some reviews.
    On side note these do have an audible hum from about 50 centemetres away. Personally i could not hear it unless i put my ear right next to speaker.

With the bass boost on i was able to bother my neighbours. They cost about 150 depending where u get em.

I bough the kliphce set 2 week ago here locally in canada for 189.99 returned them wasnt impressed with the sound

THe logitechs i owned last year they blew within 2 weeks at moderate to high level listening. again no mids no high stay away paid 129 locally

havent heard the edifiers but i here great things.

Kept the M-Audio av40 SWEET speakers and plenty enough bass plus u can add a woofer later.

Today im off to buy a set of audioengine a2s for my mac. Again great speakers self amplified same as the maudios.

In conclusion Get the audio engine or M audio u wont miss the sub my friend and u will hear things u never hread before. btw i owned all these speakers cept the edifiers and a2s im pick up today for 209 at westworld hope that helped... oh ya and dopnt forget u can add a sub later of u feel u need it

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    I would suggest Edifier over either of those brands but the guy said he has limited availability for different brands.

5. SammyB7

SammyB7 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 5850 XXX CFX
    To be honest I reckon you should choose something like:

-Creative T3
    -Harman Kardon Soundsticks II

Or the Razer Mako, but they are abit expensive :-/

6. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Avoid the "PC" type speakers if you can. They just do not have the same quality as speakers meant for HT or music...

You may want to consider that...before you make your purchase.

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    You can get a stereo receiver off amazon and then get some bookshelf speakers, which will do a better job then pc speakers.

8. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    ...or if a receiver is too big grab a small desktop amplifier. There are many great sounding amplifiers out there for good prices.

9. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    ive got and had the Altec 5021's for a while now and they sound much better than the logitechs.

Or you can listen to Rob who for some reason always insists you redecorate your room have it fitted with sound proofing and a nice carpet then go out and buy an AMP and some expensive leads and speaker wire and some decent bookshelf speakers.:3eyes:

He was just asking for a verdict on 2 sets of speakers not on how he can get studio quality sound.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010
  10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    When did I say he redecorate his room with sound proofing or buy expensive leads..etc?

If you want to try and be a smart mouth atleast get it right. Who was talking about studio quality sound?

I am sorry if you don't like hearing the altecs sound bad....but in comparison to other speakers they do.
    So when people ask about buying "PC" speakers in many cases it is because they do not know any better. My advice is always the same in regards to "PC" speakers, there are only a few brands that sound really good in comparison to their price and logitech and altec are NOT those brands.

Perhaps you are happy with an old A2 and some junk speakers....not everybody is.

The best advice he could be given is AVOID BOTH of those speakers systems.

I did mention a couple of brands to look at if he wanted to go with PC speakers....

Last edited: Jul 16, 2010

11. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300

lol :wanker:

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    What is so funny, Robscix gave other suggestions yet you act like he told some one to go and change there room around.

He saying that the op can get better speakers for the money from using bookshelf speakers instead. I agree my self, Amazon has cheap receivers with analog outputs besides 5.1 outputs. Like my receiver.

13. surtitanuj

surtitanuj New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GE Forge 9400GT
    Hey guys this is really nice information I m getting from xperts like u all