Logitech Harmony Touch Remote Released

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Logitech launches its  Harmony Touch, a universal remote with a 2.4" touchscreen. This $250 model is limited to IR, it doesn't support RF like the somewhat older Harmony 900, which can already ...

Logitech Harmony Touch Remote Released

2. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    So basically a Harmony One

3. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    Logitech must run the Harmony division simply based on what looks cool rather than what works. All of these touch screen remotes are worthless because you can't use them without looking at them. I don't want to stare at a remote touch screen while trying to point it at my devices. Guess I'll have to milk my Harmony 550 for all it's worth and hope the eventually come out with a remote that is actually useful again.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Honestly I feel like Logitech as a whole has been going downhill since the Revue fiasco. Seemed like back then they were much more willing to take risks and create cool and well designed gadgets. Post Revue Logitech seems to just play it safe. The Harmony One sold well so they'll do a slight redesign and re-release.

I like old Logitech better. Sure the Revue failed and they lost a lot of money, but that was hardly because it was a bad product - it was mainly due to how bad Google TV support was at launch.

5. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I tend to agree. I must just be out in left field though, I bought a Harmony One and used it for about 2 weeks and absolutely hated it and went back to my significantly cheaper Harmony 550 simply because you can't point the One at the TV and then press a button because the buttons aren't buttons, it's a touchscreen. It's like trying to operate your phone without looking at it.

6. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah I dunno, I was forced into the H900 because I needed the RF for my wood furniture. I've been less than happy with it overall, the screen doesn't bother me much, but I've had to replace the battery 4 times in 2 years due to it swelling - build quality is also pretty shoddy overall. I guess it does the job though.

7. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    I use a Harmony One and the main time I need to look at the screen is when I'm choosing an activity type which is easy as there are just 3 big buttons on the screen at a time. The rest of the functions are controlled by the physical buttons.

The only time I use the other touch screen buttons is if I want to flick over to music while there are ads on the tv and I have the buttons setup so that they are right where my thumb can reach so it doesn't require looking at the screen.

Maybe you are doing it wrong?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh .. tired of logitech. All of their mice which I own have had bad microswitches :-/

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I have both a Harmony One and a Harmony 800. While I like the Harmony One, it is difficult to use it without looking at it. I really like the small buttons on the side of the screen on the 800. They are both good remotes though.