Logitech G15 v2 thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dcx_badass, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    i would have got the G15 r2 if it were blue, but the Red is a no go for me......

Other that that its a steller keyboard!!

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Got it on monday, really nice keyboard, like the software as well found it very easy to use, got it all set up now and my mouse connected to it etc.

Only problem is the volume up button is squeaky, anyone else got this? It's to the point where it irritates me to use as it's so loud and annoying, any ideas?

I'm tempted to contact them, but nore sure it's worth the effort or if they'll have any more.

3. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    It's far from a "cheap membrane" keyboard. Granted, it's not a mechanical keyboard, but that doesn't mean they suck. I'm using a G510 currently and I think it is a fantastic keyboard. And just so you know, I passed on the Black Widow because I really did't think it was that great and wanted the LCD screen of the G510. And yes, I agree that mechanical switches are superior in many ways, but that doesn't mean they are the very best for every situation. Anyways, my G510 is easily the best "rubber dome" keyboard I've ever used, by far! Then again, I didn't have to pay for my G510, it was a gift. :p Right now, if I were to go and buy a new keyboard it would be the Corsair K90.

4. S†v0r

S†v0r Banned

GPU:
    570GTX 1.3Gb @900/2200mhz
    It sounds clickish here, still after all this time.

Could be its kinda bend or off place?
    Try to lift it gently with some thin stick or knife tip,.

5. sovietdoc

sovietdoc Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    No way to program buttons on their mice unless you go for "G" series. It's so terrible.

6. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X

That doesn't sound right. I'm almost positive that I can program buttons on my Logitech Anywhere Mouse downstairs and my Wife's MX Revolution. Maybe not to the extent that I can with my G9 but there is definitely programmability there.

I'll have to double check when I go home now.

7. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    I didn't mean to insinuate that they suck, I just was referring to the main nuts n bolts of the keyboard being the inexpensive rubber dome. The price mark-up on most membrane gaming keyboards is really outrageous. I mean don't get me wrong, the Logitech has some very nice features but at the end of the day I just don't feel like people are getting their moneys worth. I own a Blackwidow myself and love it! Some argue that the Cherry MX Blue switches (in particular) aren't the best for gaming, but they haven't negatively affected my performance in game a single bit. I like typing on it and enjoy the reassuring "click" and feedback response I get from the switch loaded keys. Hey, I used membrane keyboards for years, and am currently typing this response on an old Saitek Eclipse at work ;) but I can honestly say that now that i've had mechanical switches, I don't think I could go back.

8. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070

To extend the use further use UberOption ! It's a miracle ! Trust me ! I programes my Mx Revo for all my aplictions oll buttons. For Autocad it did one thing , for games another. USE IT

9. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    I am still rocking my V1 G15, it's practically an antique. Had it since it was released and I dunno what I would do if it died...Like others have said AIDA64 is amazing on it can set up 4 pages however you like to show whatever you like. FRAPS is also great on it. Games that use it natively like Crysis, BC2 etc are also cool but more gimmicky than useful.
    Also Teamspeak supports it natively and really useful too. Can switch channels, mute mic and speakers, shows links, shows chat and comments/links and of course shows who's talking all right thru the screen buttons.

If mine died tomorrow I would probably cry and have a funeral for it, it's been that good to me.

I don't think I could use the V2 the orange would just bother me. I would probably have no choice but to fork out for a G19 because it lets you change the backlight colour(I like the soothing blue) I hope that day never comes tho. But I am far to attached to my LCD screen to use something else.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
  10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    G1 1070
    you can try the g510 this one I have after the G15 and it's the same ! almost

11. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Yes that doesn't look so bad at all. Does it have the "wrist rest" like the G15?

I would probably still go for the G19(If I could find a decent price on a English layout version in Norway) Besides I would rather upgrade than downgrade :)

Oh and people were mentioning the Software I too was having issues with the newer versions as well and ended up sticking to the older ones. I noticed they updated it in December I will have to give the new ones a try.

12. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    what is more outrageous than mechanical keyboard prices?
    people saying they are better gaming keyboards than membrane.
    when games require me to press 10 simultaneous keys to walk and to press them really fast to run and the faster you press them the faster you run in the game. then it will be better.
    for now it has no advantages over a membrane keyboard for gaming

13. lancerz

lancerz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1GB GTX 460
    I'm still using the G15 V1 with not a single problem at all. Love this keyboard!

14. Helpful

Helpful Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    I could not live without my G15 so i married it to an Xarmor mechanical keyboard... best of both worlds :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    haha, thats awesome man!!

16. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    As long as you're playing a simple FPS.

Of course, experienced gamers know there are far more games out there than FPS ones. RTS, for instance, requires very quick keypresses and many many actions per minute.

17. Helpful

Helpful Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Mechanical KB's last a lot longer too. 20-50 million keystrokes rather than 1-10 for membrane KB's

18. DSparil

DSparil Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ROG StriX RX480, 8GB
    ^ The last four posts are correct and awesome.

19. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    My G1 key is faulty, wondered why my PC kept going to sleep, anyway it's because that's what I set the key to and it's stuck, the actually 'key' is ok, but the membrane or whatever is stuck, going to contact them tomorrow.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    Thank god for this thread, i forgot i wanted a G15 keyboard again. Got a very cheap second hand one for 30 euro. And the state of the keyboard is great.