Logitech acquires Blue Microphones for 117 million dollars

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2018.

1. EJocys

EJocys Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    Oh really? :) Last time I checked, there are audio equipment which can rupture you eardrums if you stand too close, and video equipment will burn your eyes if you look straight into it. Equipment which will produce radio or pressure waves, humans can't detect. There are limits not because you can't recreate full ranges, but because of safety and price competition. Photo capturing equipment, just like sound equipment, can capture full radio spectrum and strength which is way below and above human senses.

Did it occurred to you that you can use array of different microphones and photo sensors in one system to capture full range of radio and pressure waves? You can also choose designs which are more robust. There is no rule that you can use one device at the time. You know, there is a reason why speakers use array of different drivers :). Scientist use all kinds of super-precise equipment, which exceeds sensors of humans, every day. This equipment is not sold to consumers, not because it can't be done, but because there is no idiot who would buy 0 cd/m² - 90 000 cd/m² TV/Projector when research was done and it was clear that with 10 000 cd/m² people start to feel discomfort already. If you want true sound experience with headphones then it must have extra vibrators which will hit your scull from front ant behind. Problem that this would be too much (price and complexity) for average consumer, so nobody bothers. Stop judging today's technology by what you can buy at Walmart or Amazon. If you can't afford it or it would be too irrational to pay for it then it doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    I dont use it bought for my little girl,we have blue mic (snowball ice) Audio technica x30s and Soundblaster recon 3d soundcard, overall her system is pretty good no cheep 2nd hand stuff.

She kept nagging me she wanted a mic so I showed her that one she picked it on her own based on looks,We got the black one-It does look really neat I must admit espically the tripod that holds it up.