Lockheed Martin Prepar3D Information Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by n9nu, Apr 24, 2017.

1. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    I will be adding a wealth of information in regards to Prepar3D, add-on's, performance how-to's, hardware issues and anything else related to this simulator.

Since I have personally migrated to the Ryzen 1800X platform (from the FX-8350), I will dedicate a big portion to this new processor, the X370 chipset and the new DDR4 memory available.

I have always been an AMD CPU user and a Nvidia GPU user...since day one and thus will focus on this a lot.

Please stay tuned and check back as I am in the process of compiling everything I can get my hands on with respect to P3D.

NOTE: If anyone would like to add to this thread, by all means please do so. I know quite a bit about this sim, however, never enough :)

Thank You

Tim S Dickerson
    ARS N9NU

2. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    From their website:

Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product.

3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Nothing the OP said is in conflict with that. He is only offering information related to the sim.

4. Teisco

Teisco Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Auros 1080Ti
    Yes P3D is not entertainment and us gamers are just the paying beta testers for it anyway.

As for performance it is cpu bound and laughs at the new 1080Ti while struggling to gain a few fps over the 1080.

5. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Guys

P3D can be discussed in anyway like any other simulator/game out there..whether it be for home use, pilot training or whatever. If in doubt, check out their own forums along with every flight sim forum, Facebook, etc, etc.

I am simply providing information on how to gain what we all want from our software....maximum performance & eye candy.

Respectfully

Tim Dickerson
    ARS N9NU