Liquid Cooling the GTX 1080 - ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 ArcticStorm Review

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 20, 2016.

1. DirkHardpeck

DirkHardpeck Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Nice review as always, Hilbert. I am definitely happy to see these pre-installed waterblock cards get reviewed with a proper overclock and all.

Sure, it's still not worth the money in terms of performance gain. But I say, bring on these kinds of cards! I am sick of voiding warranties to install blocks on cards, or accidentally buying "reference" cards with one stupid tall capacitor or something that won't accommodate the block. I feel like resale might be better than a separate block and card, but that still depends on how many watercoolers want last-gen cards. Honestly, probably more than you might initially think...especially for secondary systems (HTPC, LAN, etc.).

2. fry178

fry178 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 X@2GHz
    Funny how i thought the same as many others here (too much difference in price, and i would need a custom loop to run it as atm i have an AIO), when i read the review a year ago.

but now i can get a open box 1080 with AIO for around 550 or less, when new ones still go for 600 or more (aircooled).
    im about "noise", so the 120 rad/fan should make a big difference vs running an air cooled version with 2 or 3 smaller fans.