1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux And All The Choices - Information To Help

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by DasFox, Jan 6, 2007.

1. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC
    you might find linux mint more suitable for a beginner, which also has an xfce edition.

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
    I agree, Linux Mint just works. But people are people, everyone tries and has different experiences with different distros. A guy I know, first time ever in Linux world and he went straight to install Manjaro when he could easily choose Mint or whatever. And he didn't ask for help, he just googled all of it by himself.
    He insisted on having the latest kernel and all, and last time we spoke he was more than happy with Majaro and the fact he could play Diablo III with Wine and Nvidia drivers in Linux.

3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG Strix GTX1070
    I chose Manjaro because a user here told me about because i´ve no idea about what´s the better distro for me, of course. For now i´m just experimenting and trying so no worries with any possible complications. Like i said before the hardest part is getting used to a Linux environment because i "grew" up with Windows. This i way i still struggle with some minor stuff...

Anyway some good news regarding gaming on Linux:https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...re-windows-games-to-linux/?comments=1&start=0
    It´s not a world changer but a step in the right direction. By the way, i´m really disappointed with the fact that Vulkan doesn´t support Linux automatically....

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    The fact is, as nice as it is with Gnome DE, it does not just work. The built in VPN software works when connecting to a Windows RDP Host but, when disconnected, internet access is killed until a reboot of the computer or network adapter is done. Manjaro, on the other hand, does not have that issue, at least out of the box.