Linux And All The Choices - Information To Help

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by DasFox, Jan 6, 2007.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

Graphics Card::
    GTX 970

How is performance of emus on Linux vs windows?

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

XFX RX 470
    If you use Steam and the games you play have been ported to Linux, there's no hassle at all.

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GTX 970
    Will obviously yeah:D, but the amount of games that have been ported is still non-existent compared to whats already available on windows.

4. typeAlpha

typeAlpha Master Guru

ATi 7850 2GB
    For all intents and purposes it's the same as windows (PCSX2,Dolphin), I can't give you any numbers but as I lock all my games to 60 FPS with Vsync they run full speed on both.

I suppose I could try uncapping the speed and seeing if there is a difference but I'd imagine it is small and also irrelevant (for me).

Stuff like Xenia and RPCS3 I can't comment on, it's unlikely I'll be bothering with them for a year or two.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

XFX RX 470
    The number of games released for each platform is irrelevant. All that matters is whether or not the games you play are available.

6. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

XFX RX480 GTR 8GB
    After dabbling some time with Arch, Manjaro and the famous "Arch way" of purism-elitism *nix users i found out a new player.
    Antergos https://antergos.com
    very K.I.S.S focused distro, really is a GUI installer added to the Arch way and to the Arch kernel.
    I was very pleasantly surprised testing it, but with a few quirks...why in 2016 people forget about Samba printing ?
    But beside this small nuissance, it is a very good distro,and above all, a rolling distro.
    After trying Open Suse's Tumbleweed i was taken aback for ever trying rolling distros.Somehow had my fix with Solydk, but still, wanted something ..new.
    Well, i think i found something to play with.

7. boerenlater

boerenlater Master Guru

MSI 260X OC 2GB
    Thoughts on Elementary OS for a newbie?

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GT 840M
    Ubuntu might be better for a newbie on linux. Works well with GNOME. It's rather restricted in what you can do and play about with but it works well enough for a modern desktop.