Linus Tech Tips NVidia Rant

Discussion in 'Links' started by allesclar, Feb 22, 2021.

1. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Hey all,

What are peoples thoughts on this?

Personally i couldnt agree more.

Undying and The1 like this.
  2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    He's proly right, cos this is his living, so he better make his argument right. But I didn't watch the vid. And I didn't watch it because everyone is linking it. And if everyone is linking it, then it must be because they feel strongly that whatever he speaks about is the burning issue.

But I know, I just know, that the video is going to feature a full grown man complaining and worrying about other full grown men not being able to buy themselves a toy(!!!) Which is just a little too rich to seriously get behind.

He will proly mention something about energy consumption and saving the world which would be fuking hilarious. Because Linus and the people he speaks for, buying $500+ toys are energy whales and thoroughly 10-percenters.
    Which 10-percenters? The richest 10 percent on the planet of course. If your net worth is more than $100k, you belong to the world's richest decile.
    The average 10-percenter is emitting 10 times more CO2 than the average person below him. (2020 Oxfam)
    https://www.oxfam.org/en/press-rele...t-more-double-emissions-poorest-half-humanity

People at the top of energy chain, complaining they can't burn some more energy...Jesus Christ.. you don't need another toy, you need a clue and a mirror :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    52% in 2020, 49% in 2015 study ^^

3. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    This guy is probably the only youtube "star" that I actually respect.

4. Raserian

Raserian Member Guru

GPU:
    HD7750
    He is usually right when he addresses these kind of issues but it has been for quite a while he has been making videos featuring useless and bizarre experiments. However he seems to change for the better in the last year or so.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    He went with landfill rather than energy consumption. XD

6. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra
    NVidia is pretty much like any other large corporation: they're in it to make money. Don't like it? There's always AMD.

Size_Mick likes this.
  7. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    It think its the focus on enviromental/sustainability aspect.

Whats not to stop AMD going the same way, with the old "make money" approach, why bother selling to "consumers" who game when you can sell a load of GFX cards to miners at inflated prices?

What if, one starts then they all start?

8. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Clearly we should have a moratorium on computer purchases for at least 5 years. I bet that'll drop prices!

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    OK, before I watch the video, let's see what it's actually about. So, on to read the video's description then:

Right. Well, frack that.

10. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    too many ads?

11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    How about no video description at all? According to that "video description", this video is about Free Shipping @manscaped, VPN providers, etc, etc.

Just another ad-infested BS youtuber.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  12. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Gotcha ... I wonder if it's a template... I watched the video... it was more or less a bit of the obvious information we all... well I should say (I hope we all) already know about NVIDIA as a company. Not much new. For all the masses that follow Linus who may not work in the industry perhaps it may or may not hurt having someone with some celebrity draw attention to NVIDIA's shortcomings. I can't say, this really isn't anything new for them so I'm very skeptical. It isn't anything unique to them either, this is more or less how corporate America operates - money talks and _____ walks as they say.

13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU: