Lighting up the inside of a case - RGB?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Shakey_Jake33, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 2010/2675
    This is a very newbie question - I've never really messed with RGB because I fundimentally dislike adding unnecessary cables and having to use extra software, as well as finding RGB to look a bit tacky. However, there's a specific thing I want to achieve.

Basically, I'm thinking about lighting up the inside of my case with white light. My graphics card already has this and lights up the bottom half really well by itself, but the upper half has been pitch black since I replaced the AMD stock cooler. I'm thinking that if I can get some subtle white light inside the case, pair it with a white MicroATX case, it'll look pretty classy with the black motherboard.

What would be the best way to do this? I was thinking about going the RGB route using white 120mm fans, but would this actually light things up too much? I'm not looking for crazy pattern effects, and would rather not have an extra RGB controller and software is it can be avoided. Would LED fans be a good solution? LED strips?

I'm open to any ideas! My end goal is a pure white MicroATX case with a window, the internals lit with with a white light that generally looks classy and stylish rather than 'gamer RGB'.

Thanks!

insp1re2600 likes this.
  2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI OC H20
  3. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060 2010/2675
    Thanks! That looks like a good solution if it can be done discretely. Might pay extra for the Coolermaster one since it looks like the light will be spread more consistently.