!!!! Life Found On Mars !!!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Saeid, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Connect3D X800 PCI-Express 256MB
    Ok within the last few months, there have been very interesting and amazing discoveries in our universe. We first found out that there is a 10th planet (unfortunately i forgot the name), then they found solid evidence that there once DID exist water on the planet Mars. That and today's discovery were all the result of the hard working Mars team at NASA lead by Dr.Firooz Nadari!!! :D

Today's discovery is that they have found evidence that life once did exist, and still does on the red planet that we call Mars! This is still fresh news out of the oven, and still has not been given to the media! ;)

This news was confirmed by Dr.Ebrahim Victory author of "The Wonders of the Universe" on Channel One TV!
    www.channelonetv.com

This is an amazing discovery, and the famous and old question "Is there life outside our planet?" has been answered!

2. Golden Dragoon

Golden Dragoon Maha Guru

GPU:
    Something that makes funny whining noises
    If it's not been given to the media how come I heard it on BBC news 24 30-40mins ago?

3. Gilbo

Gilbo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    x800pro
    can it be true?

edit: cause i can't read that

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  4. manothehour

manothehour Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce FX 5200 128 MB
    stupid aliens i hate them. they better not attack us or ill cap their asses. :)

5. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    mmm martians. they plump when you cook them.

hey omni you get the gear i get the truckship ready and we is going alien hunt'n

6. xXMrMeathooksXx

xXMrMeathooksXx Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 295's Quad sli
    Yay,big headed bugeyed freaks found on mars!!!Shoot one at 800 yrds and see what happens!!! Great fun for all ages!!! :D

7. Sqeak

Sqeak Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI PE GTX670 2GB
    ok i c nothing on that website about life on mars just gibberish

8. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
  9. NeoFX

NeoFX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470 1280MB
    lol Channel 1 .... that's school news channel lol. I hate watching that.

10. Xelorz

Xelorz Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Tech 7900 GS 256MB
    by life I'm guessing they mean single celled organisims or something of that nature. Not ET...

11. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    the new planet is called Sedna

12. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Ummm... no the Channel One im talking about is a Persian speaking channel based in Los Angeles! Its on Telstar 5 & 12 and afew channels from HBO. :S

And no, when i said it still hasnt been given to the public, i meant that the mement i heard it, and when i opened this thread took like 30mins, and for you to watch it on BBC and post here took lets say 30mins. So all in all the first channel to announce this amazing discovery was Channel one! ;)

The details on the life found are still minimal, i wonder if they found bacteria, or some kind of insect! Now you know what would be scary and would have everyone lose their faith...... IF they found human remains on Mars! :D

13. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Hum, what i heard is that they think the life may have hitched a ride on the ship.

14. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, of course it's a milestone in spacescience. But how much does the NORMAL person care? "Oooh, they found a singlecelled organism on Maaaars".

I care though;) But I really wanted to see the pink spotted green marsian..

15. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    This is pretty cool. I love reading about things like this personaly, I've always found such things interesting. There is a huge universe out there, that we cant even begin to comprehend. People should broaden their horizons to further than just the town they were born in and the earth they walk on. :p

16. Saeid

Saeid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Even if it did hitch a ride on the ship from earth, how did it survive the LONG COLD OXYGENLESS environment of space?

17. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    I don't care who you are, that's funny right there. Damn funny, sounds bout like me and the gang. Lol, hell, that'd be fun, riding in the back of the pickup with rifles, spotlighting aliens in the fields, lol. ;)

Also, they know there's a lot of methane in Mar's atmosphere, and it has to be replenished somehow. Either it's volcanic activity causing methane to be put in the atmopsphere, or micro-organisms, like some found here on Earth, create methane as a byproduct. They don't need oxygen, just two other gasses...I think one is carbon dioxide.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2004
  18. k4t4n4

k4t4n4 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    B
    Ok I give up.. I come from mars..

19. Emanon75

Emanon75 Guest

I saw something last week relating to that..

When a NASA moon lander, from an Apollo mission was brought back, it was discovered that there were some "stow-aways" in the form of a tiny little insect, called a water bear..

Turns out, these little bugs can basically dry up, like a sea monkey (brine shrimp) and stay like that for years, regardless of temps or oxygen level.

When NASA scientists added water and warmth to the water bears, they revived.. Without a doubt, water bears are the most adaptable life form we've ever discovered..

And, no..
    I'm not making this up. ;)
    Link here:http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag...icroscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artjun00/mmbearp.html

20. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    This is true, and I was thinking about that while posting....I just didn't because I know nothing about this. All I know is "just add water", lol. But that's cool, and I"m not surprised. To say that there's not any other life out there is just plain ignorant...with a bit of denial, too, I reckon. There has to be; what are the odds that WE are the only life, even if it's not intelligent?