Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Nov 9, 2021.
The "being hard" part is not what sells it. The "conquering the challenging part" release of endorphins and adrenaline in your brain is what makes it such a wonderful addiction. The best souls-like games offer a variety of abilities and weapons and character builds, so for each player, the way they achieve that victory is personal and much more rewarding. "It's only a video game", but the feeling of having achieved something meaningful is amazing.
For the longest time, I did not get it. I was mostly a single-player FPS player. I played Dark Souls and could not comprehend who would submit themselves to such frustration with such clunky mechanics. But when it finally clicked when replaying it a couple of years later, it REALLY CLICKED!
Some are better than others, I play Sekiro still today, excellent game.
But if "hard" is simply just a one shotting HP monster boss....meh..
Soulslike games, as they are called, seem to be very popular so I guess people must want a challenging game. What annoys me though is why developers feel they need to lock everyone else out by not offering options to scale the game to suit the player? Sure, make the game challenging by default but why not also offer options to make it easier so less experienced gamers can enjoy the games. The difficulty should not be the only reason to play any game in my opinion.
This is what Hidetaka Miyazaki (creator of the Dark Souls series, Sekiro, and Elden Ring) had to say about their internal developer discussions in adding an easy mode for Elden Ring:
Out of all the From Software games I played, aside from a handful of bosses it was the easiest game they have made. Easy to lvl up in areas and if you are stuck on bosses use spirit summons which can make things really easy, so ER didn't need an easy mode, the tools for easy mode are already there.
It was one of the few things I found a bit disappointing about ER and that it was a bit too easy, some sections were frustrating but that was more down to my approach than the game. The enemy balance was kind of all over the place depending on the area. Hopefully they get this working better in the DLC or ER2.
Remember to share DLSS/FSR Mods with Us for Repository. All in one place.
Be Our Guy for FSR side of things.
Been seeing reports that game is very well optimized. Runs flawless without any stutters. That's a pleasant surprise in 2023.
I played this for an hour, and it runs very well. Had only one frame spike, during this time.
The game starts with a 30 second shader compilation. But then in game it's extremely smooth.
Everything maxed out, FSR2.2 at Quality. And a constant 144 fps.
It's not the best looking game of the year, but it's very good. And it's very well optimized.
That's great to know, thanks -- no asset streaming/traversal stutterin and it's a UE game O_O I'm genuinely shocked lol
Yes, just double click shortcut, choose your settings, start new game and play without problems or issues. This is how PC gaming used to be, we almost forgot that.
Game isnt looking too damanding but either way its great seeing game well optimized for a change.
Anyone tried replacing DLSS with 3.5? Is there even any advantage in doing so?
runs so smooth and DLSS Q hits 240fps 4k max graphics
Just figured I'd update here. Seems that this doesn't work with the Xbox Gamepass version of the game. May work with steam though.
Version used: Universal Unreal Engine 4 Unlocker v18.104.22.168
It's working very well with UUU 4.6.9
Well damn. That might be enough of an excuse for me to finally pay for the not free edition Would also net me access to the UE5 edition as well.
Update Notes Version 22.214.171.124
Field Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of certain field monsters
- Increased the chance of breaking some monsters' stance and the frequency of stagger
- Increased the staggerable window time
Decrease the HP of all 3 types of Dimensional Butterflies
Adjusted the rewards for some monsters
- Increased the drop rate of Moonstone type items
- Decreased the drop rate of Star Fragments
- Increased the drop rate of Ergo items
- Increased the Ergo rewards of certain monsters that appear after Lorenzini Arcade"
Boss Monster Balance Changes
- Decreased the HP of 'Fallen Archbishop Andreus'
- Decreased the HP of 'King of Puppets' in the first phase
- Decreased the HP of 'Simon Manus, Arm of God'
- Decreased the damage of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'
- Increased the chance to break the stance of 'Simon Manus, Awakened God'"
Increased the Specter's HP and damage
System Changes Related to the Character Progression Reset
- Added the feature to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms at the 'Gold Coin Tree'
- Characters created after this patch will now receive 8 Gold Coin Fruits instead of 5 for their first harvest
- Adjusted the required amount of gold coins to reset the character's level, P-Organ, and Legion Arms
- Players will now be able to carry more weight for each point spent on Capacity
- Decreased the weight of Amulets that could be purchased with Boss Ergo
- Players will now be able to land attacks better when they use fable arts that consume three or more slots. (includes Fable Arts that stack)
- Successfully performing the Fable Art 'Guard Parry' will now break the monster's stance
Now supports the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controllers on Windows OS devices
After today's update, if the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ UI does not appear properly please follow the steps below.
1. Steam Library -> Right Click Lies of P -> Properties -> Controller
2. Disable Steam Input
** The DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controller's touch pad can be used to open the menu
- Fixed a bug with the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium II - Acid Charge' rarely not working properly.
- Fixed a bug that the Legion Arm 'Pandemonium' consumed only Legion guage while using Grindstones
- Fixed a bug that Geppetto's face to flicker in the cutscene after defeating the 'Nameless Puppet' with Graphic Quality Presets - Low
- Fixed a typo of Carlo Collodi in the End Credits. (We sincerely apologize to Mr. Collodi and that was not a lie!)
[PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue]
Changes made to controller settings cannot be saved when the [Use X button for Enter] option is disabled. This feature is exclusive to PS4 systems in Asian regions. If you are facing constant resetting of your PS4 controller settings, please follow the instructions below to enable the [Use X button for Enter] option.
PS4 User Guide: https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/crossbutton.html To change the key binding for 'Confirm' from the O button to the X button, navigate to [Settings] → [System], and check the [Use X button for Enter] checkbox.
[Inability to Proceed to Chapter 3]
Some players have encountered difficulties in advancing to subsequent chapters due to abnormal actions, such as passing through doors in unconventional ways. To resolve this issue, please follow the instructions below:
Install the latest patch.
Launch the game and activate any Stargazer ability.
Visit the Hotel and interact with Geppetto to trigger a P-Organ cutscene.
Acquire the Krat City Hall Key.
[DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ Controller Display Error on Windows]
If you trigger keyboard input while using the DUALSHOCK®4 & DualSense™ controller on a Windows operating system, the game's input UI may switch to that of a keyboard. In this case, the key binding for 'Menu' will be displayed as 'C', instead of 'ESC'.
Pretty nice that is has't been cracked yet!! I hope this motivates this studio to make more games as this is a great game!