LIAN LI Shows Four new Prototype products

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Embra and insp1re2600 like this.
  2. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    hmmmm would be nice if the 011D EVO panels were available seperatly...and were compatible with the OG 011D, i generally like the OG panels but i had my doubt about lian li's airflow claims about them as there does appear to be large obstruction in the form of metal (and wile they claim the slats make it less of an obstruction then your typical hexagon grid....i'm not so sure, the metal's quite wide and the hole's by comparison don't seem that wide, also i notice the temps dropping when i remove the top/right panel so there's definitely room for improvement)

3. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    I think after over one year of waiting after buying my PCs internals, I finally found the right case to put them in and install the EK LQ unit I won from Guru3D two years ago haha

4. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    Slats are one if not the worst shape for noise (creates a super annoying high pitched whine that your fan doesn't originally have) and bad for airflow, that was my main complaint about my O11 Dynamic XL, so much that I ended up cutting every panel with the slats (rear,under,right side are ok to cut, not the top one)
    result : almost silent PC with 10 fans @800-900rpm, better airflow and since bottom-right panels have dust filters (1+2) zero dust problems it's actually easier to clean as the dust filters are vacuum-able directly now that they aren't hidden between the slats

in the EVO they fixed that, by removing those awful slats, rear uses a thin hexagonal grill and the sides are well just a mesh/air filter...so pretty much what I tinkered on my case, as usual smartasses commented that I had ruined my case and didn't know what I was doing...LianLi does the same 2 years later heh
    too bad they ruined the interior with front trays no one sane would use (they block the front rad/fan emplacement) and the gimmick to be able to rotate the case and use it in different directions, it's not that the idea is bad but they shouldn't have called it an O11 "evolution" it's more like a downgrade, also the switches and usb ports are idiotic.

5. Qris

Qris Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB
    Hello Kakihara, any chance you could post pictures of your mod? I have the O11 Dynamic (NON-XL) and wouldn't mind silencing it a little bit.

Thanks.

6. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    hmmmm i'll keep that in the pocket as a plan B optimization in case lian li doesn't want more of my money :p (would be up to buy a panel "upgrade" set...not so much a new chassis i just got everything comfortable in there :p

also i just noticed what they did in the back....why >.> i kinda really like the open ness of the back in the 011D giving you many options, the new metal bar/plate not sure and the location of the fan/RGB controller is quite in your face instead of tucked away at the top or bottom.

if they removed the current HDD place that would suck, it's where i keep my 3.5" and SSD and i love it there, yes route the sata data and power cables in such a way that you can move it out and easely DC it without wrecking something but otherwise an ideal place if you want to use the default places for your psu and fan/rgb/USB management

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021