Lian Li presents new cases at Computex 2023 and a fan with an embedded diaplay

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 31, 2023.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef and Embra like this.
  2. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Lian Li is no longer the company it was, there was a time they were just drop dead gorgeous alloy cases and you knew straight away it was a Lian li I have had several over the years but I wont be buying one now, just too much like all the others I have a few Phanteks now and a meshilicious which I believe is made by a Lian Li partner ad is innovative in a way Lian li always used to be

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  3. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    But this is what people want.. right?

Sure their build quality was like an older Mercedes, dripping in quality & reliability.. but now we all want glass boxes & LCD's in our fans..

Embra likes this.
  4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Makes me glad we still have Noctua for proper fans.

cucaulay malkin and fantaskarsef like this.

5. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    I think these cases are sexy.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    You need to get out more!:D

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Have you bought any of their new cases? The quality is still there they just pivoted slightly to pull in more of the crowd that sells. I don't blame them for that and I think they blend the old style really well with the new.

Airbud likes this.
  8. rocky01

rocky01 Member

GPU:
    rtx-2070
    :D

Lian Li cases with casters were the bomb, and practical. New cases look childish, unless it's a architectural design. Too often these same new cases will slice fingers due to 'built to a price point' now being paramount. Made in China nostalgia? Who knew.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
  9. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil New Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Having owned the earlier Li Li cases & currently using an O11 I can say the newer Li's don't eat my fingers anywhere near as much compared to the PC-V600, V2000, A-79 & a few others. The only thing that has changed is the materials.

tunejunky, Airbud and Embra like this.
  10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Nothing wrong with my Lancool III full desktop.jpg

11. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    Last case I had was a PC A70 which was heavily modded, Wheels, roof mounted fans, side window and a full set of noctuas, sadly for the case I got into water cooling 3 years ago and it was built before that took off but what a case served me through numerous builds for a few years
    https://www.techpowerup.com/review/lian-li-pc-a70/2.html

12. C-Power

C-Power Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 White
    Honestly, my journey with Lian Li started fairly "Late" in 2010 with a Lian Li PC-7FN, Core I7 920 and crossfire hd5850 build, I had known the brand for years but jumped the gun after owning some old cases that I've been modding myself. After that, changed to an NZXT 340 at around 2015, but quickly changed back to Lian Li with their LanCool series, having owned Series 1, 2 and now the 3rd itteration, I honestly think it's the best mid tower on the market, and pretty much my dream case - with everything I ever wished for in a case. I was never a huge fan of RGB, but with the NZXT case it grew on me, starting with a simple white LED strip cause it was one of the first "Window" cases I'd had. The Lancool 3 series is a gem, has everything you could wish for (for me especially the 12 SSD spaces are a major + point), well thought out features like the door handles for example, and just a plethora of small QoL upgrades compared to my "old" lancool 2. To be honest, I do think that 129 dollars for a fan is SERIOUSLY overpriced, and probbaly will be even more expensive here in the EU. Other then that quality wise, it still feels as sturdy as my first Lian Li case, just more catered towards the current trends. Can't blame them for that :) Waiting on my new PSU and watercooling to rebuild into the Lancool 3 and can't wait :p

Attached Files:

Airbud likes this.
  13. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    $129 .... For a fan with a bad screen on it .... Well how about I get a 15 dollars fan and a 114 dollars 27'' inch screen just to display the temperature of everything ? :p

tunejunky, H83 and cucaulay malkin like this.
  14. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I have a Lancool 205 mesh and i really like it, good quality with a simple look and compact, something very important for me. And it wasn`t expensive.

But those cases, littered with RGB, not for me...

tunejunky likes this.
  15. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    and that Fractal/Phanteks are still putting quality and functionality first for their premium stuff. There are other ways to innovate than rgb/lcd screens, such as fabric mesh (non restrictive and easy to clean under tap water), metal mesh covers with sound dampening for when you want to turn your gaming case into a silent one, those nice sliding cable covers that hide all the wiring mess with zero user effort or an itx extension tray on the top - all in my beautiful satin black p600s that iirc cost the same as this freaking fan alone lol

https://phanteks.com/Eclipse-P600s.html

tunejunky likes this.

16. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21