Lian Li Lancool II Mesh or Phanteks P500A?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Netherwind, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I've waited for these cases for a long time and now when they finally are release I have a hard time choosing. I want the white versions and really want to focus on GPU cooling since playing games doesn't actually impact the CPU that much meaning CPU temps are less important.

I've watched Gamers Nexus videos but it's not easy to choose.

Lancool II Mesh Pros/Cons:
    + Has perforated sides
    + Has direct GPU cooling
    + RGB fans are in the front of the plate (aesthetically more pleasing)
    + Cheaper
    - Non-removable drive cage
    - 120mm fans
    - Hole in the bottom of the case (can be taped)

P500A Pros/Cons:
    + Bigger
    + 140mm fans
    + Removable drive cages
    + More included accessories (Vertical GPU bracket & GPU anti-sag bracket)
    - Cable routing sliders
    - Louder fans
    - More expensive

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well as louder fans are not good, and you focus on GPU cooling (which is a pro for the Lancool as you noted), I guess you should go for the first. Look wise I think it's a match anyway, and if you don't need the GPU brackets, I guess you can do with the Lancool.

jura11 and Netherwind like this.
  3. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

Both cases have pros and cons that's for sure, GPU temperature in both cases are pretty much similar, difference between the two cases is 1-2°C when it comes to GPU load temperatures.

I'm bit surprised by Phanteks P500A have louder fans, 140mm fans should push more air than 2*120mm fans and therefore temperatures should be a bit better

Not sure what fans are in P500A, assuming they are not PH-F140SP/XP because I have these fans and they're quite okay and not loud at 1000-1200RPM range which usually I target fans

I didn't not seen the YT review of both cases, I have only read reviews of them on Techpowerup

Which I would choose probably Phanteks case, I have good experience with Phanteks cases

I have used as well Lian-Li cases in past, I loved their older cases, newer not sure

But I agree with above @fantaskarsef regarding that and really depends on what you want or what need from case

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

Netherwind likes this.