LG's 27EP950-B is a 26.9-inch professional 4K organic EL display with a 1,000,000: 1 contrast ratio.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    tunejunky likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    actually the price isn't too bad. i was expecting $6k - $7k for this kind of display

even better news is that LG is scaling up (from phone format) this OLED technology with a far finer pitch than TV OLEDs.
    i would hope to see 27"-38" displays in the Ultra Gaming series in the next year or so.
    given the price premium for fast HDR monitors, these OLEDs would slide right in and offer a performance level currently unseen in the market loaded with top heavy expensive work-arounds to OLED (i see you ROG and your mini-leds)

3. tseirfren

tseirfren Guest

GPU:
    Riva TNT2
    All this and then 60hz...what are you doingggg....

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is not a gaming monitor 60Hz is fine.
    this is for art directors, graphic artists, film & tv production, etc...

mentor07825 likes this.

5. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    As tunejunky said, consumers in the gaming market are not the target audience. For the market this monitor is aimed at, this is pretty good.

This is great to see. I hope that in the next few years we will see OLED panels in the gaming market because that would be super exciting. Maybe a year or two after the new DisplayPort standards land? Still, nice to see progress in the monitor sphere again.

tunejunky likes this.