LG will sell rollable television in 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 18, 2018.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Only that it does not save you any space... you still need to have that "bar" resting on some furniture so the TV could rise, and once you use it it's just as big (bigger probably) than any normal TV of it's diameter... also, this is not mountable on walls at all, so the only of your 3 reasons making sense is, having kids that couldn't get to it if it's shut down :D

K.S. likes this.
  2. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    No, you read it wrong. I have "non-mountable walls", but, I do have a surface to put such a device.

3. dragonlord

dragonlord Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Beta Tester
    I'm sure this could also be mounted on a ceiling and rolled down. Maybe in front of a window you use during the day but turn into a television at night. Or just make it the shade in front of a bay window to begin with, so that it blocks the light nicely as part of being rolled down into view. I can think of a number of usage scenarios along these lines. :)

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Bad luck... You would be like: "I never had broken window in my house. Now I mounted this TV in front of window and neighbor's kid kicks ball right through my new TV." to insurance company.

5. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    Pffft, they did the same thing with fruit decades ago.