1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG V40 ThinQ ... a Winner!

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by tunejunky, Oct 22, 2018.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070 / gtx 1080ti
    hey guys, i just got my new phone (LG V40) a few days ago...
    let me share my thoughts:
    1) LG makes the iPhone X screens, but they kept the best OLED for themselves - a higher pixel count on the V40 vs iPhone and the OLED makes hay out of the Samsung S9. and yeah it's a higher refresh, not 144Hz like the razer but certainly near 100Hz with HDR.
    2) both the iPhone and Samsung (and Pixel 3) take better still shots, but the video of the LG is in a class of it's own recording 4k HDR, with a complete editing suite so you can create content on the go. and useful filters and the best zoom in the business (touch to zoom)
    3) the qualcomm 845 is faster than the A10, opening apps faster than the iphones (last years model, not the refresh)
    4) the audio is without peer, unless you have an LG V series or G7. i've done a/b tests against high-end audio dacs/streamers and afaik, nothing except the Chord is comparable to the soundstage, imaging, clarity, and dynamic range. it sounds as good as my Naim dac...and that's really saying something as it's a fraction of the price. and you don't have to carry around a separate dac/amp.
    5)
    some have noted this isn't the largest battery on the market, as this is noticeably lighter than the iPhone X and S9...but it certainly lasts all day long. my V20 was a power pig, this is a dainty power-sipping phone by comparison...and that's down to the 10nm process on the Qualcomm 845. oh yeah quick charge 3 and Qi
    6) other than the audio being in a class of it's own, imho the V40 ThinQ is the best all around flagship phone winning more battles than it loses.

2. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980TI Gaming
    I wanted the V40 but again LG misses important things, i preordered the Mate 20 Pro, as it ticks all the right checkboxes for me(except headphone jack).

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1070 / gtx 1080ti
    o.k. that's a techy choice...i just want to give you a heads up never to travel to Asia with a Huawei phone as they are completely open to hacks by state security.