LG rolls out Dolby Vision 120Hz update for 2021 OLED TVs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 23, 2021.

1. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    Accuracy =/= what you like.

Maybe you like more saturated colors, which is fine for a common consumer, but not so much for a professional.

carnivore likes this.
  2. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    While my Asus ROG Swift IPS panel is only 27" and the colors are fantastic, my CX OLED colors are anything but "meh". The OLED beats the IPS all day long.

I don't watch based on specs, it's what I'm actually seeing.

Have a Hisense U8G on the way, can't wait to see how that one stacks up considering the lower cost.

3. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I watched Vincent Teoh talking about this on his YouTube channel HDTVtest.

AMD Freesync with Dolby Vision 120Hz, a new gaming overlay. He said the CX owners should get this after the C1 rollout. C9 uses a different chipset to obtain 48GBPS so it would require being reworked. LG has so far delivered on the C9/B9 TV's in terms of features, so it remains to be seen if these TV's will get this feature, fingers crossed!

Also the general smoothness of the TV menu in this update is something that needs to come to the CX/C9!

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  4. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2X ASUS TUF 4090 OC
    I watched Vincent earlier today also. I truly hope LG takes care of us C9 owners. I do have a 48" CX but my larger televisions are C9's. LG already shortchanged the C9 with AMD Freesync. Many AMD card users are utilizing the CRU mod for Freesync but honestly they shouldn't have to. The LGC9 is more than capable. Not too long ago many people preferred the C9 over the CX.

As for Dolby Vision gaming I hope LG can figure it out for the C9. Sometimes I like to game on my larger televisions. I dislike this current trend of buying premium products and being cast aside after 1-2 years.

nick0323 likes this.

5. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    I have IPS on my desk and an OLED TV next to it. The TV beats the (hardware calibrated) screen any day.