LG Optimus One

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by jmpnop, Apr 5, 2011.

1. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Hi guys, I've decided to buy my first Android phone. First of all I know nothing about Android. My budget is around $200-$300. At my place LG Optimus One is available for $200, Samsung Galaxy Ace for $330 and Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 for $230. LG Optimus One has impressive specs and price and I've decided on it. I wanted to know your opinions on that. If there's a better phone coming, I can wait till July.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Where are you at in the world?

3. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    What a coincidence :D
    I'm currently also shopping for my first smartphone/android and my budget is the same xD

I'm also checking the same devices as you the Galaxy Ace or the Optimus One (P500).
    I tried the Optimus One on 3 different cellphones shops and they all were laggy in the menu.

Still haven't tried the Galaxy Ace but i'm pretty sure that will be my choice in the end.
    We don't really have many options here, unless i go on 500$+ phones.
    In fact the Galaxy Ace here is for around 400$ without taxes.

4. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    I'll say this for all around, do not get the Optimus no matter where you're at. It's terrible.

If you're in the US, pick up the HD2(This can boot Android and WP7), or the Droid/Milestone.

If you're not, then you have a great selection. There's the HD2, Desire, Milestone, etc etc. Don't go for phones like the Optimus, they're using Arm 11 cpus which are terrible.

5. Adicto

Adicto Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 9600GT 512MB
    Galaxy Ace looks like an option but people say that the 278mb of ram isn't enough, i wonder how true is that :)
    At most i could have like 4-5 apps opened (Google Maps, IM, Browser)

Damn what a tough choice, i'm also eyeing the Galaxy S but it's out of my budget damn it T_T (Don't really want to spend much since my current job is a cheapo ass job) But all recommendations are welcome.
    HTC are kinda hard to find where i live and Motorola well, i haven't really seen many of them but there are quite a few.

Still open to opinions and recommendations :D

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW