LG is rumored to be delaying their 42" console . gaming 4K OLED TV till 2022.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 24, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Catspaw

Catspaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080/8GB
    Any move towards consumer OLED for gaming is something I am looking forward to.

Maddness likes this.
  3. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The 48" inch on the desk (who are we kidding thats a tv) is just silly. I would very much prefer the ultrawide monitor.

7. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Pointless to buy this over the LG C1 since they both use the same panel and C1 is slightly cheaper (at least in my country). The second reason to buy the C1 over the Aorus is because the C1 comes with 4x HDMI 2.1 sockets; one of which has eARC to allow you to pass Atmos audio down to a soundbar or AV Receiver without creating a 2nd (phantom) monitor in Windows. The Aorus may include a Displayport but who the heck is gonna use that when all the current gen GPU's now come with a HDMI 2.1 socket?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Also I would trust LG for support far more than Gigabyte. LG have service centers everywhere and have far more experience with OLEDs than first timer Gigabyte. Expect a far more polished experience with LG + updates, and no nasty surprises vs Gigabyte. They might be using the same panel, but for same price, LG is a no brainer. Sadly 48" is a bit much for me, so would wait for a 42" whenever LG releases one

PrMinisterGR and RavenMaster like this.
  9. Quetzall

Quetzall Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 670OC SLI
    If they are selling monitors with LG OLED panels, then it tells me that fears of image retention and burn-in are a thing of the past.

RavenMaster likes this.
  10. Quetzall

Quetzall Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 670OC SLI
    The differences are the Displayport and the anti reflective coat.

11. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Pretty sure they're using the same panel and same anti-reflective coat on the C1. But the C1 gets a plethora of built-in apps as well supporting eARC and Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos passthrough. Displayport 1.4 (32Gbps) is nothing special compared to HDMI 2.1 (40Gbps).

12. Quetzall

Quetzall Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 670OC SLI
    I have a C1 TV and the panel is reflective. The eARC is crap, it doesn't allow me to use the full bandwidth of Dolby Atmos.
    PS I reported your comment by mistake, I wanted to reply.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  13. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    is this thing like a 27 or a 32 vertically ?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    2x27 curved dream.

mackintosh and cucaulay malkin like this.
  15. TrevorK

TrevorK Member

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 3070 Ti
    "this combination of technology is only accessible on the Xbox Series X and S"

You mean we can't do Dolby Vision, 4K, and 120Hz on a PC?

16. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I bought a CX last year and its panel was very reflective and the eARC socket was faulty. It sounded like dolphins singing underwater. Needless to say i ended up returning it for a full refund because it was defective.

This year however, I bought a 48" C1 and it works perfectly. It hardly reflects at all and I have it in a moderately bright room. I'm pretty sure they've improved the panel coating on this model compared to the CX. And reading through posts on the AV Forums it seems that not all C1's are equal. Some have a slightly newer improved panel compared to the ones which were released at launch. I guess I got one of the good ones. My eARC also works fine - I have it hooked up to my Denon AVR-X2700X which is connected to my 5.1.4 Atmos surround sound speakers.

17. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Delay it until 2023 ideally, that's always been my plan, to switch to a 42" OLED. I'm all set until then.

18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I can vouch for this. When I had my first LG OLED, I was halfway through watching a film. I had my headphones on. I needed to go to the toilet so I paused the film and put the headphones down. On my way back from the toilet, I tripped over the headphone cable and damaged the headphone out jack on the back of the TV. The plastic connector housing snapped.

I contacted LG and they had a guy out to me within 2 days. He opened up the TV, replaced the whole circuit board and all necessary externals on the back, took 10 minutes.

No questions asked, no charge. Gives you confidence buying their products.

19. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Your eARC port can even do 7.1 PCM. I have everything connected on the C9 and then send audio to an HW-Q950T. The eARC passes everything lossless if the source is lossless. The only thing your TV doesn't pass is DTS/DTS:X. If you can't get uncompressed audio (True HD or otherwise), you have a configuration issue either in your source or in your sound system.

20. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    I with you on the G9 I have it and have the Neo G9 coming tomorrow. Samsung has taken so much of my money the last few weeks waiting on the Fold 3 to arrive as well.

Undying likes this.