LG introduces a 325" TV with 8k resolution (for just $1.7 million)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 16, 2021.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Its a statement product designed to get attention for LG TV technology. Not really a practical product for the money nor was it designed to be. There are far more cost effective, high end, high-lumen 8k projectors in the $50-100k range that should serve the need of more practical clients.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    rick sanchez approved, thought if i had that kind money i have better thing in mind to buy for that price like freak a house. i dont even like watching movies on theater screens cause there to BIG, i even tried gaming on such things, again WAY to big to much head movement.

Build it and they will come.
    Make it and they will buy it.

Paint rock red and ask 50$ and some one will buy it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  3. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hmm yes, I heard a house of freaks costs quite a lot these days,

4. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    That promotional picture looks like one of those New York apartments that used to be on that TV program about real-estate agents in NY years ago - they used to cost $20M-$50M each so their rich-as-frack owners would be prime candidates for buying a $1.7M wall television to go in there.

Remember common Joe's are not a part of this elite world where these things sell like sliced bread to them.

5. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master

Yes and the picture quality from average cinema I have ever been to for last few years has been absolutely crap!

Low brightness (equivalent of less than 100 nits), low contrast, horrible reflections off lights and huge green light all over corner of screen from mandatory "emergency exit" light right beside screen - its procreating pathetic.

And I do own a Sony projector myself at home - it is great for big screen impact but picture quality is nowhere near as good as my LG OLED in same room.

And as the experts said to get to massive sizes like 300+ inches you need an absolute light cannon of a projector - the pro 6000 lumens laser models from the likes of Christie.... absolutely none of the "home projectors" from Sony or JVC can throw this much light - only 1500-2300 lumens - even the new laser models, and this in projectors costing 10k to 40k. These home models are only good for smaller sizes 100-150" or so before the lumens level is just too low.

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    Well 50 no not really , but they sure sell pet rocks for 15 bucks and they sold a lot of em.... 5-10 years ago.

7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    ^^

hilarious that will teach them to rest tv on the banister on 2nd floor in first place that was first stupid they did , but that kid just made it that much funner, now there is an unhappy dad and unhappy kid and unhappy tv hope is warrenty covered stupid:rolleyes:

insp1re2600 likes this.
  9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 3080 OC
    8K res at that size... that must be one ugly experience if you're anywhere near it.

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    It comes out to 27 PPI. o_O

Fun fact: a 14" 320x200 CGA monitor from ~1985 is also 27 PPI.

insp1re2600 likes this.