lf good gameing head phones

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by momomo67890, Aug 6, 2009.

1. disfigured_LmKi

disfigured_LmKi Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT on 26" Sammy
    They look nice but I can't find a single place to buy them. No one online is offering them.

I think I"m going to pull the trigger on the Sennhieser 161's. Better then what I've had previously and they're not going to break the bank either.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106158

2. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2009
  3. Enizax

Enizax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    eh I've got a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700, nothing can beat these babies except from some Beyerdynamics ;)

4. Postalisback

GPU:
    DJ Headphones eh, nice, I have Sennheiser HD 595 and Beyerdynamic DT 231 Pro headphones myself, and I prefer the Beyers for everything. :)

5. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I heard this bad boy is really good and it's a Plantronics, so it's good stuff. I also heard Sennheisers are great.

http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/computer/pc-gaming-headsets/gamecom-777

For me, I have a cheap but very good Logitch H330 USB headset (my case doesn't have a front audio panel, I was like WTF when I found out, but no matter USB headset solved the issue).

Sometimes expensive doesn't mean the best, sometimes cheap headsets are pretty good too.

deltatux

6. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I had those, got back from a lan this weekend and the sound was dead, mic worked fine but no sound played (USB AND 3.5mm on multiple PCs). They didn't even last a year. I RMA'd them and decided to get myself stereo headphones with an AMP on the way. Only thing left is a decent soundcard, I've been told the EMU 0404 is pretty bitchin with an AMP.

7. Postalisback

GPU:
    Nice choice there steve, I would say the same thing as well but I think that Beyerdynamic headset I recommended looks like it's built with quality in mind.

Sennheiser PC 161 looks like it has too flimsy of a cable to be honest.

8. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    hmmm... interesting. Probably just a defective one that you got?

deltatux

9. disfigured_LmKi

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT on 26" Sammy
    To wrap up my end of this thread.

I did get the 161's from Sennhieser: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106158

I really really like them. No complaints. Fit, sound, mic, comfort all very very good.

They didn't break the bank and got me into a company's technology that is superior to most standard fare.

Highly recommend them to anyone on a budget but not looking to go the cheap route either.

10. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Haha, my PC 161 has been broken because of that. Either way going for something like PC350 I am thinking you need a amp. As I noticed no different between PC 161 on sound card Audiotrack 7.1 Hifi before. :)

11. Postalisback

GPU:
    Well if I've got this correct the Beyerdynamic MMX 2 is a headset version of the headphones I have (Beyerdynamic DT 231 Pro), I've tried the DT 231 Pro on a friends onboard sound (Realtek ALC885) and they sound fine running off onboard sound.

12. RRRage

RRRage Banned

GPU:
    XFX GTX295/LG 21.5 inch
    Eww, Running a 100 dollar headphone on the onboard soundcard will make no different to have sennheiser HD800. :puke2:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  13. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    if he sticks a headphone amp between he will be fine.But yea wouldnt run headphones like them off onboard unles I dont have a choice or using a headphone amp.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  14. disfigured_LmKi

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT on 26" Sammy
    Yeah the cable is not like the real high end headsets/headphones. It's a bigger gauge then the typical $20.00 headset, but not much bigger.

Just got to be careful with it and not run it over with you chair :).

Other then that, which is a complaint about most headsets residing in the less then "top tier", it's a decent headset for gaming and VOIP type stuff. Which is all I need it for. Hell I'm not even running my X-Fi Platinum anymore since it died. Just the new Intel HD that's onboard, that surprisingly is not too bad. To the point I haven't even thought of replacing the X-Fi. Well I'm unemployed so that has something to do with it too. ;).

15. Postalisback

GPU:
    They don't actually sound bad running from onboard sound, so I dunno what all the onboard sound bashing is about. :rolleyes:

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    How am i bashing when all I said he could stick a headphone amp between it and the onboard if he needs to for some improvement in respond to the other guy going eww. Me Going I wouldnt do it Unless I dont have a choice and is using a headphone amp is not bashing.So dont be point the bashing arrow at me. Point it at the guy going eww.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009