lf good gameing head phones

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by momomo67890, Aug 6, 2009.

1. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    price dont matter !!!

2. bp9801

bp9801 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG 8800 GTX
    Do you want headphones or a headset? If you want headphones, get a good pair of headphones that are designed for music but most gaming headphones will cater more to the heavy bass and not the rest. For a good pair of headphones, check out the Audio Technica ATH-A700, Ultrasone HFI-450 and 580, and Sennheiser HD-280 to get a good, rough idea of closed headphones. If you want open headphones, check out the Audio Technica ATH-AD700 and Sennheiser HD-555 and 595.

3. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    I agree with this post.

If you're looking for a 'gaming' headset then you can look at the sennheiser pc350 or look at the steelseries siberia and 5h.

But if I were you, I would listen to the guy above and get a good headphone and just by a cheap click-on mic.

4. r0llinlacs

r0llinlacs Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GT OC 1GB
    I use Sony MDR-V150 headphones. Extremely cheap and they sound awesome. (given that i have them hooked up to a 500 watt 5 channel receiver). These things will pound your ears out with bass (if you give them enough power).

Don't expect good bass from your A: computer speakers
    B: anything that's portable

http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/sony-mdr-v150/4505-7877_7-6900050.html

5. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I would suggest these and just use a clip on mic.

Ultrasone HFI-780's
    http://www.amazon.com/Ultrasone-HFI...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1249591021&sr=8-1

I have the Ultrasone HFI-780's my self I use them for music movies and as well as gaming. There not 5.1 headphones incase the link name confuse you, they meant natural surround the way sound goes into your ears as the sound bounce off your upper ears like sound does in real life.

I would also suggest some Beyerdyamic DT880 as well Sennisher HD555/595/600 as well as Audio-Techica AD700. And I have used the AD700 also for gaming they have a big sound stage but lack good ammount of bass.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
  7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    I wouldnt call them best thats a strong word as theres other headphones out there that are better then them since you just use a clip on mic if you need a mic.

8. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Maybe for your ears, but i dont look at just what companies claim in specs. I try them out. These are comfortable for one, the range on them is amazing, and the bass is excellent. Ask me again and I'd say the same thing. IMO they are the best for gaming.

9. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    You should had said IMO the first place, but you didnt. Thats why I post what you did because best is a strong word and There are other HP that are just as good or better because its hard to say this HP is best of all headphones as another phone might be better then this one and this one do better then this one in diffent things and so forth for diffent people.

I never heard them and I dont look at specs either so dont assume thats all I did when I recommand headphones. If I cant listen to them, I go ask around people that I trust and then read up on them before I make my mind up. Those just tend be the ones that get usually suggested for the same use at another forum And Two of them I used personally with one of them I still own.

If I spending this kind of money I would never just look at the specs otherwise I would in up at those poor souls with those 200+ dollar 5.1 headphones(no offense to any of them here).Maybe I should had worded it better so you wouldnt think I was calling them trash even tho I wasnt. I sure there are great headphones.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  10. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    i decided ill just start buying a headset every few weeks and try them all out

11. kangpc

kangpc Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
  12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    The only thing thats a waste of money is those razer headphones, there just marketing. You can get better for the same price if not a bit more and stick on a clip on mic.

The AD700 are $87 dollars new 64 dollars used and there better then those so called gaming headphones from Razer. They have a huge sound stage which why alot of people grab them for gaming, I had them at one point and they did a very good job too.If it wasnt for there velvet padding which I couldnt stand, I would had kept them.

http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-...S0XU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249650002&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/ULTRASONE-HFI...FXY2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1249650069&sr=8-1 Thse are $90 bit more and are also better then those Razer headphones also. These normally are more then 100. But since the HFI-580 replaced them, they can be found for under 100.

Neverless it be up to the op to pull the trigger on which ones he pick, which every one hes select enjoy them because there all good headphones.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  13. kangpc

kangpc Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Yeah those do look nice, and I have a desk mic that works fine.. I suppose theres no need for a built in mic/headset

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Whoa dude, easy there it wasnt a personal attack, I was explaining why I think they are the best buy for gaming. No need to get defensive.

I also never said you called anything trash or thought it so I dont know where that is comming from.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  15. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    just btw whats a sound stage ? also not to bust your bubble but i have 5.1 medusa headphones i used forever bought some pc 350s tryed them out and i heard much less then with the 5.1s ended up giveing the pc 350s to a friend whos gf always leaves the tv on in the back ground

16. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 XT Thic II
    Sorry I just read it wrong, and it was one of that times of day.

17. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    My Sennheiser PC 166 USB are pretty good. I got the USB version because the 161 non-usb was hard to find. Just disconnected the usb connector and plugged in the headpne and mic connectors.

I had the Bose headphones but they were too punchy. Like CMSS 3D on steroids.

My head sweats so I cannot tolerate closed can systems. Will go with a 7.1 system once there are 7.1 games.

18. disfigured_LmKi

disfigured_LmKi Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT on 26" Sammy
    Piggy Back

My Plantronic headset finnally wore out. The fabric over the cups wore through I had them so long.

So I ran down to BestBuy and picked up a Logitech headset. I like their other products and have a G15keyboard Vr.1, their CLickSmart Webcam and even a cordless trackball (yes a game with a trackball).

The logiteck's didn't last 2 months, the wire going into the earcup began to cause the headphones to cut out. As I fiddled with it to make it work for a few nights it finally died.

So now I'm looking for a headset. I want to go higher end then the Logitechs (the were $40.00 USD). I loved my cheapo Plantronics, but until the Logitechs died I did like the improved sound.

Ok so my requirements.
    I need to run both game sounds (BF2) and ingame VOIP, and a TS. My PC will do this but I need a good Headset who's sound and microphone are all up to snuff for these things. I admin one of the top BF2 servers in the world and need to be heard clear no the TS, and I love playing in our server so the sound has to be excellent for the game too.

My big stumbling block is that I like superaural like my old plantronics, I really didn't like the feel of the circumaural (cans), of the Logitech headset. I suppose there are better circumaural headsets then the one I had so it's not out of the running yet. But I seem to prefer superaural (on the ear, rather then over the ear).

Noise cancelling I suppose doesn't matter since I'm not trying block anything out. Just trying to play the game with what I hope will be improved sounds, and I need to be crystal clear on the TS.

I'll go $50.00-$75.00, or higher if something comes highly recommended.

How are the Sennheiser 151's?http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106157

I know the Sennheiser 166's are awesome one the other admins has them, but he made 6 figures this year. ;). And I'm laid off :(

These are Sennheisers's superaural's the 146's: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106162 But there's no reviews yet. Any thoughts?

And I can't have a clip on mic, I find I need to set my sensitivity too light and clipon mics transmit way too much with just movement and other sounds while being that sensitive. So it has to be a headset with boom mic.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  19. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    I would say to go listen to some in stores but usually the ones they have out on display are no good and they are covered in goo from someone else's head.
    There is a pair of 161's on ebay in new condition for 71 dollars.

they are just like the 166 except without the usb/mic/headphone adapter which you will not use. but it is e bay.

I have been surprised when I just start asking people at work. They usually know someone who has something that was used once and will let it go for very cheap.

20. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009