Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by cartdog, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tranceholic

Tranceholic Banned

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 570 Fermi
    i don't mind having a naked picture of my big package, ahem i mean my body because i am proud AND i have nothing to hide :)

2. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    They're a necessary evil IMO.

3. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
  4. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Fully agreed. I can honestly say that in my eyes, life without liberty is not worth living.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    wow.. yea right a single parent would bind something to a 3year old.. and how long they keep searching like he's a criminal.. wdf

that's usa for ya, i guess everybody still believes it was terroists that attacked on 9.11., instead it was Usa's nwo+ illuminati + freemansons, believe it or not.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If you have nothing to hide, its a quick and easy way to get it done think we should be asking what the victims of attacks on planes think of this, their opinions are far more valid than any of ours.

People like to moan about everything, CCTV is invasive, these are an invasion of privacy.
    Liberties and privacy isn't much use to a corpse.

Lots don't bother through as they think, yeah i know a terrorist attack can happen, but it isn't going to happen to me.

I had to lol at the crazy comment about patting down being sexual assault, think someone is missing their medicine, as yeah every single person who does these pat down is a homosexual looking for their jollies
    :stewpid:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  7. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu

A hundred thousand times more people have died to give me my freedom and rights than any terrorist has ever killed.

8. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Actually a hundred thousand time more people killed to give you the freedom and rights, dying is what the losing side does.

I personally want the freedom and rights to feel safe when i fly.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti + Xtreme III
    Then you should be up in arms at the procedures they currently use.
    Its already been demonstrated that body scanners miss plastics, chemicals and liquids.

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well they should start working on better, more thorough ones then.

11. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Thank God the American's stopped Afghanistan and Iraq invading Australia.

I'll take my chances, thanks.

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    I think scanners should be allowed. I'm 100% about the freedoms of the people, but when you get on a plane, you are going into a business owned by somebody else. If they want to search you, and you willingly go through to use their service, then who is exactly harmed?

13. Sutura

Sutura Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit GT210 0.5/1680x1050
    I'm not sure about these body-scanners. I worked at the airport in my town for a few years (including this one). They use simple scanners- something like a metal detector. I must have gone through them hundreds of times while I was at my shift. The customs check with gloves touching the hair and the body slightly for unnatural curves. All the liquids are thrown away- gallons of liquids every day :). Shoes, jewelry and personal luggage is checked. Thank God never had a problem so far.
    I don't think body-scanners are that much safe for human body. And there some people that can't go though them anyway- I remember one kid coming to my desk with his parents, explaining it mustn't go in the scanner. May be if they fix the issue with the radiation yes, but in this first edition- I'd say upgrade and then introduce.

14. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    So if I owned a restaurant, you wouldn't mind getting frisked as you enter? Besides, it isn't the airlines doing this, it is the TSA.

Pisses me off but I guess I have to put up with it. I have already heard of issues being raised with modesty by a certain religion. I will never fly on a public flight again if certain people are given a pass and others are not.

What is the valid reason for the TSA not being able to profile? Didn't the Brits do this to prevent IRA from bombing flights? Doesn't El Al do this? Reasonable people shouldn't be offended.

Pilots should be armed if they choose to be. I see no point in subjecting pilots to these scans as they already have the ability to kill everybody on board whether through negligence or by purposely crashing into the side of a mountain.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  15. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    If you give up your rights and freedoms, by giving others control and power over you - then, you don't have them anymore!:bang:

16. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Of course body scanners shouldn´t be allowed, they are useless!!!

Terrorist aren´t stupid and if they want to blow an airplane, they will figure a way to do it, bypassing any security measures available!!!

This summer, i went to LA on vacations and had to answer silly questions like" are you carrying a bomb to the airplane?" or "do you intend to explode an airplane?"!!! Then i had an idiot on Philadelfia international airport asking me things like my name, my job, my fathers job and other stupid questions. Then, i had to go through the metal detector and put every item i had with me on small "baskets", had to take the laptop of the sleeve and finally had to take my shoes!!!
    My and all the others went through this procedure and you know what, i didn´t make me feel more secure because this measures are simply for show off and mostly because i´m not paranoic about terrorists despite all the senseless propanganda since the Bush administration!!!

All those security measures are nothing more than shameless atempts to restrict our individual liberties and to gain control over individuals!!!
    If this continues, pretty soon we are going to have a chip implanted on our brains scanning it for violent thoughts so people can feel safe...

17. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Most of the people complaining aren't complaining because they "have something to hide," it's because they don't want airport security to see their wiggly bits. And if you deny a body scan, the only other option you have is a pat down (including groin area), which isn't btter at all.

That said, I've seen the pictures from the scanner that made their way to the internet. Everything just looks like a big human shaped blob. There's no detail. There's nothing to be embarrassed over. I don't get the hullabaloo.

18. RSX

RSX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6970
    If it means a safer airplane ride, I am all for it.

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Your not giving up any rights or freedom, its their airport, its their plane, if you want to fly on them, the do as your told.

If i have someone in my house, i have rules, no outdoor shoes, off at the door, or you don't get in, does that mean im making people give up their freedom and rights?

The problem with all this freedom and rights nonsense, is that where does it stop?
    Is it infringing in someones freedom if they are a nudist, and are arrested for being naked in public, is making drugs illegal protecting the public, or is it also infringing on their rights and freedom?
    I constantly hear smokers whinging about not being able to smoke in clubs and restaurants anymore "it's not fair, its against my rights" :bawl:

Don't think any of the people complaining live in anything other than free countries, sure there is the controlling fear mongering that does go on, but most can see it, but it doesn't mean there aren't threats out there, the US/UK and other western countries are despised by many others.

H83, maybe your onto something by suggesting there should be no Airport security at all, just let terrorists bring any old bombs onto a plane, they might get bored of of blowing planes up after while lol.

20. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    This is how its gotta be now
    In the 60's 70's 80's and 90's the airline indusrty saved alot of money on security.
    Did you notice that pilots bitching about it?
    i'd say breathalyzer for them would be more better then xray device.