Lets tallk.....BODY SCANNERS

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 109358, Nov 17, 2010.

?

Scanners, do we need them

Poll closed Dec 17, 2010.
  1. Yes

41 vote(s)
    36.3%
  2. No

54 vote(s)
    47.8%
  3. Dont care, im a hermet and never travel

22 vote(s)
    19.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Such a witty, well thought out comeback, did your grandkids help you with that one?

Think a few of us are lost, but only in trying to keep up with your crazy ramblings, but i have worked out that your unable to form your own opinion, and need someone to feed you stuff, each to their own, but i would rather be a shepherd than a sheep.

2. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    Everyone's sheep.

Some sheep are just sheep.

Some sheep buy new Nike's and commit suicide on top of a skyscraper with the coming of a comet.

Everyone's sheep. Some sheep are just completely out of their minds.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Very true, we all answer to somebody, and being this is a tech site, we are all victims, albeit very willing ones of shiny toy marketing.

Better not agree too much with you, don't want to give anyone the wrong impression lol.

4. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Master Guru

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Why can't I vote in this poll?

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Facial scans are already in use in various airports, though I don't know about the USA.
    Iris scanners are too finicky to use on a wide scale atm. Protip: it's not possible to fool an iris scanner by cutting somebodies eye out. Fingerprints are a pita though, those can be scanned. It's easy to fool one machine but hard to fool a half dozen.

Anyway they're already talking about deploying these scanners at municipal buildings now. One dose may be safe, but I very much doubt 100 doses a year would be safe.

6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
  7. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    Don't worry, sheeple; it's just "RandyB's crazy ramblings". Just bend over and take it...your government loves you. Back to sleep, now.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Wh...greet+down+wary+passengers/3878938/story.html

Here's an excerpt from an article I copied from Yahoo news, just before they pulled it from the site!
    "
    Canadians bristled at intrusive airport searches, complaint records show
    OTTAWA - Bras were revealed, artificial joints probed and flesh squeezed, prompting scores of complaints last year from disgruntled Canadians subjected to physical searches at airports across the country.
    Records obtained by The Canadian Press show the furor over intrusive screening patdowns is not limited to the United States, where angry travellers have openly objected to new security measures.
    A 56-year-old woman travelling with her husband through Calgary in June 2009 objected to the thorough physical search a female screening officer gave her in front of other passengers.
    "I have no doubt the woman knows my cup size and the size of my underwear," she wrote.
    "She felt my body from top to bottom, running her fingers along the underwire of my bra and feeling my breasts, all in full view of every passenger and employee in the area. And she seemed to take great delight in doing so.
    "It was degrading, embarrassing and humiliating."

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hehe
    Although that xray wasnt taken with him wearing the T-shirt otherwise it would have molded to his body shape.
    Great idea though!

9. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Having done checkpoints and body searches, these things save lives.

You never usually hear about the people we catch, only about the ones that slip through. People have no idea how hard and boring it is to search one person after the next, and do it politely.

I have found everything, from knives to jawbusters and bullets trying to be smuggled past. And none of this ever makes the news.

10. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Bug my Phone, stick camera's everywhere, put body scanners in every shop in the high street, Ban Burkas but also Ban Hoodies aswell.

ive nothing to hide so im not bothered.

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I wouldn't go that far, people have a right to privacy.

However, traveling by plane or visiting other countries is a choice, not a right. If you choose to travel that way then you must accept the limitations, which include scanning. If you don't like it, then go by ship.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    New thing around here is to get a good buzz and eat coins so we can slow all you travelers(bitches) down going home for the holidays.
    anyways at ewr they are giving double pat downs with full release for 40 usd...i tipped the lady 10 bucks too.

13. Ieldra

Ieldra Banned

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti G1 1500/8000
    rofl

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    hehe, up to his usual standard.

15. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Just a question for you guys totally against this privacy injustice.
    How many times a year do you fly?
    Cus it gets easier when you start getting used to it.
    First time experancing this pat down or scanner gauntlet,your a young grasshopper shy to anothers touch.From there you get more humanly intimate,to the point you start to beckon the the touch and the stares from people in the TSA uniforms.
    Hmm... you guys better watch out you might fall in love.

16. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Have you thought about the direction that this is leading?

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Marriage?

18. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    lol, yes, you are irresistable.

19. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Peopledontgetthefourthamendment.jpg

The fourth amendment doesn't apply here. If only we could get the population as riled up about real fourth amendment violations happening every day we could get things done.
    These scans are not a constitutional violation. Never have, never will be. They are, however, horrible, meaningless policy that is a massive overreaction to a minimal threat of terrorism. Thanks George!

edit: The Israeli solution is just as stupid as ours. Metal detector, x-ray the bags, more air marshals, and lets go. Yeah, it is a risk. Life is a risk.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  20. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How so?

It works from first-hand experience, the bad guys are caught and the innocents get to go home alive at night.