let's see some numbers.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by omga14, Jan 29, 2005.

1. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD3850 745/915 for now
    what vid card are you using and what clock speeds are you running? 24/7 and benching speeds if they are different. my 6800gt went kaput and now i'm looking for another victim. my xfx did 420/1170 max and 412/1150 24/7.

2. CaPs_On

CaPs_On Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigagyte 6600gt 128mb Pci-e 551/1147
    Ive got a 6800LE point of view(POV):

350/750 its not puched at all

Scores are in sig

3. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    not to bad for and LE. i have an asus v9999gt/td/256m coming soon. it's a 6800gt with the extra molex connector and caps and stuff the Ultra comes with. i'm interested in how this overclocking adventure will turn out.

4. CaPs_On

CaPs_On Member Guru

GPU:
    Ive seen some good results with that card, someone i know is using it, and clocked it a fair bit!

5. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    can you get some numbers for me and temps he's running? also is he using the HSF that comes with it or did he get he artic cooling nv5 for it?

6. chile

chile Master Guru

GPU:
    P-Color HD5770
    the superfantabulous winfast 5800 460/860...stock HS...

7. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    doesn't that thing get hot like the sun?

8. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 7800GS OC AGP
    I had my eVGA 5700 Ultra running at 525/1000 24/7....until it died....lol....I RMA'd it, so a new card is coming in the mail monday of equivilent or greater value :)...the RAM went retarded while i was playing CSS, messed up the screen something aweful....no burns, and touching the card it was fine...as well as were my temps....its why i think DDR2 didn't become popular with graphics cards...also it happenned right after i messed with that PCI LAtency tool....so i blame that...lol

9. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    i feel your pain. my xfx6800GT went dead on me so i have the card in my sig on the way as a replacement for the same price. no money out of my pocket thank god.

10. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    yea no kidding...i was hoping to hold out a bit longer before i had to buy another card....this eVGA 5700 ULTRA overclocked so sweetly....i actually had it a 550/1050 at one point, but got a little nervous with it oc'd that high...lol...(stock was 475/906)

it ran fine at 525/1000 for 9 months, there was no hint as to anything wrong...tried that latency tool, and within a week *POOF*....heh...eVGA's customer support was great though...the guy said if they don't have anymore 5700 UTRAs i'd get a better card....so i'm hoping for that :)...lol

i discourage ppl from messing with the PCI latency tool....and it didn't actually improve performance anyway

11. CaPs_On

CaPs_On Member Guru

GPU:
    Hes using stock cooling, dont got any number just the temps, he runs like me, 48-50 with stock, hes got a hot case, not to good cooling!

12. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    curiousity is killing me how your 6800 with kapoof .. lol .. or is it still.. unknown

:behead: :behead:

13. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    i understand RAM failing...but don't the FX and 6 series cards all have the throttling technology Nvidia has mentioned making it really hard to actual kill the GPU when overclocking?

14. CaPs_On

CaPs_On Member Guru

GPU:
    Maby to high voltage, cuz the start current could max 1.5v if you are running 1.4v!

15. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    no volt mod, great case cooling(coolermaster cm stacker), arctic nv5 cooler, artic ceramique thermal paste. don't know. newegg just said since they didn't have the exact same model that they sold me originally they'd just refund me the original price. might have been a problem with that model and batch. anyways i'm definitely looking forward to this ASUS. i'm the guinea pig tester to see if 2 molex connectors do any good for a 6800GT. i'll post results in like a week. i get it tuesday or wednsday but i want to burn it in for a little while before i start overclocking it.

16. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    yea, that's a good idea with all new hardware....let it cook in a stock speeds first.....kinda like how its unwise to blast new speakers...you have to work them in first or you risk blowing them easier down the line...

i'm unsure what the purpose of two molex connectors would accomplish since the GT doesn't NEED it.....interesting nonetheless though...maybe you'll be able to get it running at ULTRA levels....

17. omga14

omga14 Master Guru

GPU:
    the extra molex and caps, etc will hopefully help with stability at higher clock speeds. we'll see though in the end. i'm not looking for any specific minimum overclock. just gonna up it little by little every few days or once a week. kind of like a burn in each increase.

18. dzutrinh

dzutrinh Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA Quadro K2000
    ---------->

19. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    Video cards go through rigourous testing in hot rooms before being sold, so there is really no need to burn them in again.
    Best thing you can do is to immediately put some AS5 on the core and let it fly. Over time, you might get some better numbers after the AS5 has cured properly.

20. JeedaiJoe

JeedaiJoe Master Guru

GPU:
    i was thinking of doing that right before my card died...glad i didn't as i wouldn't have been able to RMA....tell you the truth if you have decent case cooling the stock coolers on vid cards are actually better than the stock coolers you get with the latest Intel chips....stock CPU coolers work just enough....most vid cards never get anywhere near their slowdown threshold....i guess to me vid card coolers seem better designed.....thouh i will admit some of em could be better...and less like hair dryers....lol