Let barking dogs die

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by attila_gorilla, Sep 7, 2009.

1. attila_gorilla

attila_gorilla Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    Ok, I live in a house in a small town. My neighbours have 2 brain dead dogs that just never shut up. They go on in the middle of the night, just woof woof woof woof woof woof... Basically all our windows need to be shut to have a chance of sleeping, even then it's not easy.

Now, is it possible to file a noise complaint against their owners? I don't see how this is different from some punk banging the drums at night. Excessive noise is excessive noise.

What could happen if I did file a complaint? Could the council have the dogs put down?

Anyone with experience with this issue?

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    the problem is not the dogs, but your 2 brain dead neighbours!
    if you asked them do something about it, and the problem is still there i would file a complaint somewhere.
    dunno where though since your obviously in another country

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    dogs are cool and all its just the looking after them i couldnt deal with mainly the fur ****ting up the clean house and the dog crap

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    animal hater
    get earplugs or move out or call the police on the neighbours for disturbing the public
    and yes i live in Romania, the land where stray dogs overpopulate humans haha

5. philheckler

philheckler Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx470 SLI
    In the uk you can complain to the local council and they would issue a noise abatement order against the occupant , I was in the same situation a few years ago , my neighbours doberman was always barking day and night(it was kept in a cage in the garden) , another neighbour (not me!) made a complaint to the local council who served an order on the dog owner which eventually led to her moving house!! :banana::banana:

6. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX1080 Ti
    Are the dogs barking from inside or out? If outside, then yes you are entitled to peace and quiet, especially after 10pm in the evening (in the UK anyway)

Speak to the owners politely, be as friendly as possible. If they are rude back to you, then start recording the noise and report them to the police. You will need proof though.

EDIT - It's often not the fault of the dog to be fair, either its not getting any attention, or it simply has lots of energy from not being walked. Perhaps if they loved the poor animal a bit more it wouldn't be doing it.

Some dogs do just bark for the hell of it of course.

7. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Very appropriate title of the thread dude...

If you have SUCH a problem with barking dogs, call the cops and let them argue with the neighbours.. but "Let barking dogs die" and poison, shoot as tags for this thread... is imho, sorry but mentaly retarded..

8. heliman41

heliman41 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 260OC -640/1300/1100

I had the same prob here in the States. It was 100% the owners fault, he let his dogs suffer in more ways then I want to say & kept them outside for security since he was later convicted of being a drug dealer scumbag. He used to at first allow them to be "freerang" ya know run freely. Now im talking 2 full grown pit bulls here on a street full of small kids............Then after getting reamed good by parents & me he tied them up & left them outside yr. round yes even thru winter here without even a doghouse. They would howl all night shivering & freezing in mid winter so...........I started calling the cops NOT animal control on him, the cops THEN called animal control on him he got the double whamy of having police at his home that already knew he was dealing and I truly savored that one & after the 3rde. call was very heavly fined about the animal abuse. After the 3rd call he kept his drug guard alarm mutts inside so they didnt suffer and they kept quiet , prob solved. Oh yea almost forgot...............sucker got busted about a yr. later. Think I threw a going away party or sumptin then! LOL! Getting dogs just to tie them up as alarms is IMHO mean & stupid unless one owns a junkyard. The dogs just suffer & get no interaction & turn mean or howl from being lonely. Its natural that they want to run etc....People forget how much work taking care of a dog can be, I have 3 cats one reason is I have no time to be walking a dog & id never pen one up why do that? I dont deal drugs & dont need a barking alarm to tell me someone is walking up to my door for whatever anti-social reason such a person may have. Remember call em in, like others said record the barking or be sure to have several others on your side to prove without a doubt the owners are lyers because they probably will at first lie & say the dogs dont bark mine did but I had evidence so they were screwed immediatly. I used my camcorder.....................Ever seen a dog tied up several inches of snow on its back in mid winter crying? I did so did the cops hehehe..........................via my camcorder. I told the cops the owner outta be put outside in pajamas on his hands & knees and chained up & allowed to have several inches of snow fall on his sorry butt & see if he dosent get a change of heart over what he did. If I was you I wouldnt even waste time being nice about it and asking the neighbors to do something because if yhey cared aboput you then something already would have been done its obvious they are not the type who care what neighbors think. Do what you need to without remorse they are.

9. attila_gorilla

attila_gorilla Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility HD 5730
    Hehehe the title and tags are just for fun.

I like dogs, but I think my neighbour intentionally wants/trains his dogs to be very noisy, to keep burglars away I guess. Even though burglaries hardly ever occur in my town. They've always had noisy dogs, but I just recently moved back home after 5 years abroad, and I'm now finding it very annoying.

10. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    I had the same problem where I live. The neighbors actually are a little slow though. The never got off the Good Ship Lollipop or so it seems. But one time after having had a few beers and after their problem barker was on for a few hours straight non-stop, I had a confrontation with them. After informing them that they either do something about their dog or I will. And if I did something they WOULD NOT like it. It all was a bit more severe and louder than I can portray using typed words. Needless to say, I "explained" a few things too them. ;)
    They did get the message though. I had to explain to them that I am a good neighbor and don't cause unnecessary living conditions for them and they should return the same favour. If you live somewhere you should also be entitled to live there peacefully.

But so many times I fantasized about putting a bullet through that dogs skull. Oh my!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009

11. [Spitfire]

[Spitfire] Master Guru

GPU:
    ATi HD2600
    since there brain dead, soak some cheap steaks in poison and feed it to them

b i n g o

12. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 480 SC
    I was thinking sleeping pills would work. Grind them up into a powder and put them on the streaks. No more barking.

13. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Why not just call the police ? my neightbor does it to me because he's scared of asking me anything (in case I punch him in the face - I would)

Whenever I play Rockband/Guitar Hero he cries to the police, obviously we don't REALLY make any noise so everytime they come they never do anything.

But we did get caught once where my roommate started playing guitar (real electric guitar) as soon as the police came into the building they heard him so we got a warning

And since it's none-stop barking dog they will need to prove that they can make the dog shut up for more then 2 minutes. If it does not happen, they might take the dogs away from them

14. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    There's a meditation you can do that will stop them (you have to believe that you're capable first though!)

Try to calm your mind, let all the external distractions dissapear and all the 'internal dialogue' (your mind speaking to you about all the things you think about) cease.
    Then, imagine yourself right next to the dog, left hand softly on the top of it's head, right hand firmly around it's throat (not in a threatening manner, nor mean, just a firm hold like an Alpha would)
    Softly say shhhhh. As the dog barks, tighten your right hand a little (not enough to hurt it, just enough to let it know you're serious), and when it stops (between barks), stroke it's head with your left hand.

Enough practice with this little exercise and you'll realize the dog's barking becoming less and less frequent, and eventually even stop altogether while you're practicing this technique.
    Then, as the dog starts it's barking routine later on, just feeling your presence is enough to make it stop.

I've done this literally THOUSANDS of times, and it works - the mind is a *very* powerful tool that most people will never realize even 1/2 of it's potential!

Good luck!

Psychlone

15. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    Man are you serious!!>??
    :3eyes:

I am very skeptical about these things =l

16. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Someone once advised me that it is stupid to file those kinds of complaints...it is a complete waste of time and it makes the person filing the complaint a suspect when said complainant has to finally take direct action to deal with the problem. Better to smile, say nothing and just quietly deal with the problem.

I’ve heard it said that an intelligent person can umm…’quiet’ a dog down quickly and cleanly while leaving little or no trace. Most police departments don’t have the resources to figure out how Fido bought the farm, especially when there is no evidence of foul play.

I’ve been told that all a person has to do really is read a few medical and or chemistry books to gain the knowledge needed to deal effectively with these sorts of public nuisances.

17. proFits

proFits Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Let's just ... go with the ... less ... mentally .... ill .... way .... of ...

Wow you guys are messed up in the brain, just call the police geez -_-

18. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Can please a mod cut this crap.. It's making me throw up really when I read this posts...